GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tinted Windows

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm thinking 50 all around or potentially 50/40. Do you have a picture of yours?

I contacted places in Ontario since I'm in Chino Hills. This was the cheapest (and it's a cash price, $490 credit card IIRC). It's called Rodz Tint Touch.

Another one in Ontario, Tint Masters, quoted me $485. With another few at $600.
Here are my photos of Crystalline 70/50.

The Crystalline 70 is a bit more reflective (you can see its specs online), so the viewing angle and the angle the sun is hitting the film can make it seem deceptively darker than it really is.

I personally prefer lighter shade tints, but the shop that did mine said that Crystalline 40 is popular because it's the closest shade to the more common, darker (35%) tints that are offered for other films.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Thanks! Seeing this I may go with 50 all around not bother the extra risk with 40.

I imagined 50 looking like your 70.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Thanks! Seeing this I may go with 50 all around not bother the extra risk with 40.

I've got Rayno S9 50 I can share photos of once I get home from work. Just posting as a reminder to myself. I've got 35 on the hatch and one of the hardly tinted windshield UV tints.

It's PERFECT imo. I've also got some photoshop files I made for different tint grades ranging from 80 down to 35. Let me know if there's any combos you'd like to see emulated and I could share those too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Crystalline CR50 all the way around (except windshield). I was happy with this darkness because I don't believe this would get me pulled over since the fronts are technically illegal in CA.

SM075180

Ready to race!
Crystalline CR50 all the way around (except windshield). I was happy with this darkness because I don't believe this would get me pulled over since the fronts are technically illegal in CA.

Where did you have yours done? Did they apply to the triangle windows as well? I’ve gotta get retinted because my car is being repurchased by VW. Cost?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Rodz Tint Touch in Ontario. $440 (cash) $499 credit, not tax.

They did apply to the triangles. It took about 3 hours once he started working on the car, and it sat there for a bit before he even got to it.

I'm happy with it overall though.

Demetrius Joel

Ready to race!
50% is not dark enough imho. If 35 is legal then go with 30. But this all depends on personal preference. I have 10 on mine. And it looks amazing. But of course night time can be tough at times.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
50% is not dark enough imho. If 35 is legal then go with 30. But this all depends on personal preference. I have 10 on mine. And it looks amazing. But of course night time can be tough at times.

10%??? Holy smokes lol that must look good though, especially with how nice dark tint blends with the gloss black window pillars.

I could have gone as dark as I wanted but was afraid of night driving. I have either 15% or 20% Pinnacle F1 all around and its just about right in terms of darkness day/night without impeding night driving. It must be a challenge at 10%.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
California allows 70% max on front windows and I'm not a fan of light front dark backs. So I chose one I thought wouldn't get me pulled over and I can keep it even.

Also my gf had 20% on her car all around and anytime I backed out of her apt place in an area that was not lit I'd struggle to see when backing up. (yes we do have a backup cam).

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie

I'll try and get some pics of my car with 50 Crystalline today. I think it looks fantastic with Tornado Red at least.

Not dark enough for what? Not being able to see at night? 10% is ridiculously dark. I know when I last had 20% I had to often roll my window down at night to see when turning. The whole point of 3M Crystalline is to not look like a baller but still have a high level of heat rejection.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
What seems to be the current going price for Crystalline? I like how it looks but more than I wanted to spend.
Depends on where you are and how much your tint shops charge for labor. I've seen a spread of 500 - 900 all around (minus windshield). You just have to ask your local shops for quotes.

outsider1

Passed Driver's Ed
Depends on where you are and how much your tint shops charge for labor. I've seen a spread of 500 - 900 all around (minus windshield). You just have to ask your local shops for quotes.

Thanks! I think I'm sold on the tint, really like the clarity it offers along with heat reduction.