GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone Mount on 1.8T

Gogeees

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had my 034 Dogbone Insert in for a little over a week. It's been a great drive with minimal vibration. It's possible that maybe yours wasn't torqued down correctly. If not, it's worth trying another one on the market.

Checked the torque twice, thought the same thing. It's an automatic FYI, so I think the torque converter likes having the play in the dog bone mount or it'll shake like hell.

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
Checked the torque twice, thought the same thing. It's an automatic FYI, so I think the torque converter likes having the play in the dog bone mount or it'll shake like hell.

Absolutely! Well you can try putting some more miles on it and see where that takes you. Otherwise you can always try another insert and see if that does the trick for you. :)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Proper torque makes a world of difference for the torque arm(lol puns) and the rear sway bar endlinks.

That's for damn sure with the end links. Last summer I lost one of the nuts for my endlinks because 034's installation guide mixed up ft-lbs and Nm. That was a bit sketchy, driving to the dealership to pick up a nut with a half-disconnected sway bar. Luckily it was a super common nut so they gave it to me for free.

EDIT: And I just checked and they still have it wrong! That's 35ftlbs, not Nm!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Okay so I need to use 35 ft lbs on stock endlinks too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, this is for stock endlinks. I don't know what it is for aftermarket endlinks but probably the same.

Jondar

Ready to race!
I put in the vwr poly/aluminum mounts with the aluminum dogbone. It had crazy nhv at first especially when idle but after about 3 months it's a very subtle vibration. No wheel spin, feels great. You will have to drop the subframe for install.

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk