GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Downpipe Reasonator delete

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Hello the downpipe has a Cat and what looks like to be a reasonator would it make the exhaust louder if i delete it?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
The second one downstream that looks like a resonator bubble is actually a 2nd cat. All NA cars have two cats from what I understand, mine did. I would recommend just getting an aftermarket downpipe if you want optimal performance. You can then keep the stock DP intact if you want to ever go back to stock.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Thanks I'm grabbing a cts catless downpipe , also how does a 02 spacer work if your catless if theirs 2 cats dosent the computer need to be tricked that it has 2 will I have to buy 2 spacers?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
No?...

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
There are two cats on the stock DP, but the DP only has one O2 sensor located behind the primary cat. This is the secondary O2 sensor. This won't change with an aftermarket DP and this is where the O2 spacer will need to go. The other O2 sensor (our primary O2 sensor) is a wideband and it is installed directly on the turbo. It used to report the AFR using exhaust gas coming directly out of the exhaust manifold so the ECU can self correct on-the-fly as necessary.

Note: If you go catless with a straight-pipe catback it is going to be VERY loud and ridiculously obnoxious.

Last edited: