GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Res delete

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm gonna do a res delete. Everything else is stock. Is it worth it. Does it make the car drone. Any notice in torque? Just want to hear some more pops

Mak_Attack

Passed Driver's Ed
Does zero for performance but the sound is nice. No drone at all for me. Get some nice sounds during gear changes width transmission in sport mode.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I'm gonna do a res delete. Everything else is stock. Is it worth it. Does it make the car drone. Any notice in torque? Just want to hear some more pops

For me there is no drone and it sounds like it should have from the factory.

Here is my car with an S3 resonator delete.

EmptyHeaded

Passed Driver's Ed
Eh, drone? YMMV.

I put one on my DSG R and took it off a couple of days later. Noticeable drone between 3-4k RPM range, but I'm in manual mode about 90% of the time and live in that range. If you're DSG and drive mostly in D mode, you'll hardly notice drone as it generally shifts before you get into drone range.

I did really like the way it made the car sound though. I'm still considering the BCS delete with the Helmholtz resonator. Supposedly no drone with that piece.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Basically if you drive on the freeway allot and you're over 80mph allot, it'll probably annoy the crap out of ya. But exhaust noises are very very subjective, but if it is gonna annoy you it's going to be the most noticeable/irritating in that range as you'll always be above 3000 rpm anything over 80 mph no matter what mode you're in.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Here's the feedback I posted in my res delete thread. Keep in mind that this is with a catted downpipe so an OEM cat would be even quieter:

I ran some errands today and took the time to test drive the car under various modes/conditions. With DCC settings set to Race/Sport and the transmission in D there was no appreciable resonance when driving on the freeway at various speeds between 50 mph and 80 mph. The loudest noise under these conditions was my tires. In S mode there was significantly more noise as the engine spent much of its time above 3k rpm. In S the exhaust note can be clearly heard when passing under overpasses or near close walls. Due to our exhaust valve setup and the behavior differences between D/S mode it really does seem like you can manage a dual personality with the exhaust note. I'll have to see how it is on a long drive but my test drive with the stereo off was fairly pleasant.

Ungluck

Passed Driver's Ed
I love mine. No drone all these pussies cry about.

I'm valved open constantly. Drive 100+ miles a day. Canyons and highway.

I got the cts unit. Worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rodcollier1

Ready to race!
With so much disparity in opinions about removing a resonator, I'm convinced that it's not a differences in the cars ( tune/trans ), but how well the drivers would perform in a hearing test.

'16 MK7 R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, DP & BCS Exhaust

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I have the BCS delete pipe. Works perfect.

Ungluck

Passed Driver's Ed
Cts delete pipe is great. No drone, I'll post video, people complaining are sissies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hakwuzhere

Passed Driver's Ed
With so much disparity in opinions about removing a resonator, I'm convinced that it's not a differences in the cars ( tune/trans ), but how well the drivers would perform in a hearing test.

'16 MK7 R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, DP & BCS Exhaust

Could also be the fitment of the sleeves on the pipe, I had a local exhaust shop install it first and they were dipshits.. they tried to widen the CTS pipe, then messed up the sleeves... I had to order another one from CTS and install today... no drone at all.. the first time the dipshits installed it it was as loud as a nascar and the pipe wasnt even connected in the rear, then the second time they tried to use the sleeves and since the pipe was too wide there was a shitload of pressure loss through the crappy connection.