GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler delete and Resonator delete

Nrappa

Ready to race!
So about a month ago I got a muffler delete and I love it, only thing is that I just wish it was louder. I'm thinking of deleting my resonator to hopefully get that slightly louder tone. Don't want to wake up my neighbors but I'd also like to hear my car when cruising around with other cars.

My question is for any of you who have done both deletes, what do you all think? Is it crazy obnoxious? There's some drone now with the muffler delete but I still have the sound aktor on (any way to turn it off w.o VAGCOM)?? I heard some of the drone goes away when turned off. It's not horrible but on long trips it can get annoying when trying to listen to music at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It's under the rain tray/cowl.

Remove the weather stripping, then the 3 or 4 steel clips and you can lift it up enough to fit your hand in there

It's in the center of the car and held on by one 10mm I believe...maybe 13mm, but either way it's one nut and one electrical connector

Nrappa

Ready to race!
It's under the rain tray/cowl.

Remove the weather stripping, then the 3 or 4 steel clips and you can lift it up enough to fit your hand in there

It's in the center of the car and held on by one 10mm I believe...maybe 13mm, but either way it's one nut and one electrical connector

Oh cool, thanks man!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I wouldn't suggest removing both the muffler and resonator. The best option would be to do a downpipe but that'll make it drone really bad if you don't upgrade your resonator and or catback. I ran a muffler delete with a downpipe for about a mile before I decided to order everything to build a new cat back

Nrappa

Ready to race!
I wouldn't suggest removing both the muffler and resonator. The best option would be to do a downpipe but that'll make it drone really bad if you don't upgrade your resonator and or catback. I ran a muffler delete with a downpipe for about a mile before I decided to order everything to build a new cat back

Well the plan is to eventually do a turbo back exhaust, however, a down pipe voids the warranty, and I'm trying to not void the warranty

I did hear that the DP and a muffler delete have very poor drone so I didn't plan on doing the delete and DP at the same time

TyTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been thinking about getting a resonator delete.. Been riding around with Millteks catless non resonated turbo back exhaust for a year and it's just not loud enough anymore lol I wold of bought straight pipes if they sold em like that!

LachlanGordon

Ready to race!
I've removed both the muffler and the resonator. I had the same (muffler but wanted more and pops). I have the muffler in normal steel and res delete in stainless. That way you get the pops, but you don't get that stupid wind noise when accelerating. You might hate it for the first few days, then once the steel sets in (i guess), you'll love it.

MattMan1

Passed Driver's Ed
There is no difference to be honest. I drove with no muffler for 3 weeks then wanted louder so I took off the resonator and noticed maybe a 5% difference

Tico63

Ready to race!
Muffler delete is perfect. Much louder than stock, but quiet when you need it to be. Resonator delete just makes it sound raspy. Downpipe + muffler delete, forget it, that's just stupid loud unless that's what you want. The suitcase muffler delete is the perfect balance between practicality and affordability. Cost me $135 for a custom y pipe installed. Anything more would be just too much for me.