GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Volkswagen GTI / Golf MK7 General Topics > GTI & Golf MK7 General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #35
BxGTI
Senior Member
 
BxGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 VW MK7 GTI, 2017 Audi A4 PP S Line2.0T
Location: Bronx,NY
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post
iPhone? Dude you didn't need to lose any more credibility.


LOL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Tornado Red GTI MK7
BxGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #36
AspektZA
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Mk7 SE DSG
Location: Houston
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKF427 View Post
What are you babbling about? Read the thread dude-ski. You're frothing about China & dubious manufacturing. No doubt, you get what you pay for...and China (AMONG OTHER COUNTRIES) has changed the proverb "Imitation is the highest form of flattery" to "Imitation is a dangerous form of not flattering a personal checking account balance".

My initial comment upon this thread was re: pricing on DAP aftermarket taillights. I personally bought ECS aftermarket taillights that were identical & less costly. NOT a "knock off" I found upon Aliexpress, and I've never bought anything on EBAY.

You've yet to offer a FACT. You've reiterated that China = bad. I've no opinion on that sentiment. Please, enlighten us all. Where are VW Taillights manufactured sourced from? Where are the aftermarket DAP & ECS taillights sourced from? FYI I'm asking questions, thus I don't possess the answers, albeit you're seemingly convinced I have "all the answers and the questions". Big guy...you make statements that you're incapable of providing any reasonable---factual---"anything" to support. No question, you absolutely serve the "I read it on the Internetwebnetforum, so it must be TRUE!!!" adage.

For the sake of simplicity, Google "VW Car Fire"...the organic results of relevance to this thread...a donut! Place the same search criteria into YouTube...and the most recent upload with the largest view count is....

https://youtu.be/9YinuLMMKzE

You possess a belief. Factually support that belief Cowboy!! (This has run it's course if y'all ain't got no FACTS)...I'm hungry, Chinese Food anybody???
Did you just have a stroke?

Is everything made in China junk? No.

Is a most of the world's junk manufactured in China? Yes.

My OEM set from ShopDap was made by Magnetti Marelli/AL in Poland.
I would also assume Hella and Valeo supply VW for the same product.

Ask this guy about knock off LEDs from ECS: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11998
AspektZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:02 AM   #37
AKF427
Senior Member
 
Drives: 16 VW GTI 6spd | '17 Audi Q7 Prem+/Virtual Cockpit
Location: Lexington MA
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 191
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspektZA View Post
Did you just have a stroke?

Is everything made in China junk? No.

Is a most of the world's junk manufactured in China? Yes.

My OEM set from ShopDap was made by Magnetti Marelli/AL in Poland.
I would also assume Hella and Valeo supply VW for the same product.

Ask this guy about knock off LEDs from ECS: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11998
@BxGTI....we're always good!! Hope our paths cross one day in NYC.

Heck I'm cool with @AspektZA this is just a GTI Forum & in the grand scheme of things. BUT, in response to AspektZA...

-=No, I didn't have a stroke. (Am I slurring my writing???)
-=Do you possess, at the very least, a GED? FYI Your Texas Beautician Certificate is not applicable.
....Okay, now that the useless insults are out of the way.....

I would urge you to review this thread. As I've repeated, my participation was strictly in regards to DAP pricing seeming a bit high (A FACT). I bought from ECS. Indeed, a number of what you're terming OEM suppliers exist---by this I assume you mean reputable (i.e. Not a seemingly fringe, get it on the cheap, sketchy "too good to be true" offering). Both DAP & ECS source from OEM suppliers you referenced. The ECS "Brand" is indicating "European VW/Audi"---whatever that means. The cost is $849.95 per assembly. What appears to be the identical product is being sold by DAP for $874.22 per assembly. AliExpress's offerings are all literally 50% less & sold in pairs versus the aforementioned ECS & DAP offerings. To those buying upon AliExpress...caveat emptor (look it up AspektZA, probably not on a Beautician syllabus...yup, Insult #2, I can't help myself when your logic is totally inferior). The question posed by the OP was "difference". The responses were all correct from what I could discern, and suggested COLOR HUE was the "difference".

As for you're "World View"...re-read what you just wrote, it confirms you'e a blithering imbecile...you actually just stated that not everything manufactured in China is junk, but the majority of junk in the WORLD is from China. My friend...you just made a blanket accusation and then contradicted your own blanket accusation....that's sufficient enough, at least for me, to conclude that anything you suggest or state---I've asked you for FACTS repeatadly to support you're fantastically stupid and terrifically BROAD/SWEEPING statements and claims---is utterly useless stupidity.

Why does it matter? In terms of economic size, China is 2nd to the US...then the GDP's fall of a cliff---albeit China is in 2nd place by a mile. Thereafter comes Japan, Germany, UK....Mexico is 15th & one eleventh the size of China and one eighteenth the size of the US. If, as you suggest, most of the WORLD'S junk is manufactured in China...then the WORLD is basically junk, period. A myriad of economic variables come into play---ye 'ole guns versus butter model---is probably applicable, but I've no clue about Mexico's military size & state of technology opposed to China. I forget the eco theory, but it is basically the "law of diminishing returns". Our cars are manufactured in Mexico. Mexico is also a huge source for the parts that make up our cars (Just today, I noted that my off-the factory floor Bridgestones proudly stated "Made In Mexico"). Our collective concern ought to be VW "racing to the bottom" to source what it terms "quality" OEM parts, period. VW isn't going anyplace (Too big to fail, Too Global to fail), however VW possesses self-inflicted concrete shoes in terms of Global Liability & they keep getting heavier...I think the first Civil claim in Germany was just filed against VW/Is the South Korean sales ban still in effect? (FYI South Korea is 11 in GDP)...what does this mean AspektZA? Yes, you can come back and read the conclusion after you give the Asian Woman who just walked in a pedicure and waxing. You back? It means that VW has a massive problem...a fantastical liability #, yet it is an unknown # as of this writing. The repercussions? It could very well be lowest bidder suppliers, and that ought to be concerning to all of us...especially to first time buyers of the brand & our "upgrade" purchases (i.e. MK7.5)...AND ALL OF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHINA!!!!*At least until you prove that China = A World of Junk & a China supplier is the first to the bottom for VW.

More succinctly, your world views are horse-shit...you should stick to physically shoveling it instead of suggesting it to this forum...that is, when you close up the Beauty Parlor. No Hard Feelings :-)
__________________
"Luck doesn't happen by mistake. Rather, luck is when opportunity meets preparation"

Last edited by AKF427; 02-20-2017 at 01:22 AM.
AKF427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:52 AM   #38
AspektZA
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Mk7 SE DSG
Location: Houston
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKF427 View Post
@BxGTI....we're always good!! Hope our paths cross one day in NYC.

Heck I'm cool with @AspektZA this is just a GTI Forum & in the grand scheme of things. BUT, in response to AspektZA...

-=No, I didn't have a stroke. (Am I slurring my writing???)
-=Do you possess, at the very least, a GED? FYI Your Texas Beautician Certificate is not applicable.
....Okay, now that the useless insults are out of the way.....

I would urge you to review this thread. As I've repeated, my participation was strictly in regards to DAP pricing seeming a bit high (A FACT). I bought from ECS. Indeed, a number of what you're terming OEM suppliers exist---by this I assume you mean reputable (i.e. Not a seemingly fringe, get it on the cheap, sketchy "too good to be true" offering). Both DAP & ECS source from OEM suppliers you referenced. The ECS "Brand" is indicating "European VW/Audi"---whatever that means. The cost is $849.95 per assembly. What appears to be the identical product is being sold by DAP for $874.22 per assembly. AliExpress's offerings are all literally 50% less & sold in pairs versus the aforementioned ECS & DAP offerings. To those buying upon AliExpress...caveat emptor (look it up AspektZA, probably not on a Beautician syllabus...yup, Insult #2, I can't help myself when your logic is totally inferior). The question posed by the OP was "difference". The responses were all correct from what I could discern, and suggested COLOR HUE was the "difference".

As for you're "World View"...re-read what you just wrote, it confirms you'e a blithering imbecile...you actually just stated that not everything manufactured in China is junk, but the majority of junk in the WORLD is from China. My friend...you just made a blanket accusation and then contradicted your own blanket accusation....that's sufficient enough, at least for me, to conclude that anything you suggest or state---I've asked you for FACTS repeatadly to support you're fantastically stupid and terrifically BROAD/SWEEPING statements and claims---is utterly useless stupidity.

Why does it matter? In terms of economic size, China is 2nd to the US...then the GDP's fall of a cliff---albeit China is in 2nd place by a mile. Thereafter comes Japan, Germany, UK....Mexico is 15th & one eleventh the size of China and one eighteenth the size of the US. If, as you suggest, most of the WORLD'S junk is manufactured in China...then the WORLD is basically junk, period. A myriad of economic variables come into play---ye 'ole guns versus butter model---is probably applicable, but I've no clue about Mexico's military size & state of technology opposed to China. I forget the eco theory, but it is basically the "law of diminishing returns". Our cars are manufactured in Mexico. Mexico is also a huge source for the parts that make up our cars (Just today, I noted that my off-the factory floor Bridgestones proudly stated "Made In Mexico"). Our collective concern ought to be VW "racing to the bottom" to source what it terms "quality" OEM parts, period. VW isn't going anyplace (Too big to fail, Too Global to fail), however VW possesses self-inflicted concrete shoes in terms of Global Liability & they keep getting heavier...I think the first Civil claim in Germany was just filed against VW/Is the South Korean sales ban still in effect? (FYI South Korea is 11 in GDP)...what does this mean AspektZA? Yes, you can come back and read the conclusion after you give the Asian Woman who just walked in a pedicure and waxing. You back? It means that VW has a massive problem...a fantastical liability #, yet it is an unknown # as of this writing. The repercussions? It could very well be lowest bidder suppliers, and that ought to be concerning to all of us...especially to first time buyers of the brand & our "upgrade" purchases (i.e. MK7.5)...AND ALL OF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHINA!!!!*At least until you prove that China = A World of Junk & a China supplier is the first to the bottom for VW.

More succinctly, your world views are horse-shit...you should stick to physically shoveling it instead of suggesting it to this forum...that is, when you close up the Beauty Parlor. No Hard Feelings :-)
Bizarre rant aside, I know plenty about manufacturing. I'm an engineer and my company is a major technological manufacturer with customers ranging from the US Navy to major auto producers, including VW itself.

The fact you're resorting to ad hominem demonstrates your scattered 'argument' doesn't really go anywhere.

There are quality products made in China for companies, but the majority of crappy manufactured items you find happen to be made in China. Suppliers are vetted by the purchaser of the part, and they must meet strict standards to be fitted to the final assembled product.

There is a major difference in quality from a licensed producer of VW parts (whatever the country of origin) and an aftermarket knock off from ali/ebay/etc.That's been my whole argument this entire time, essentially.
AspektZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:39 AM   #39
AKF427
Senior Member
 
Drives: 16 VW GTI 6spd | '17 Audi Q7 Prem+/Virtual Cockpit
Location: Lexington MA
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 191
Who you are, & what you do, is meaningless to the intent of this specific thread...aftermarket taillight coloration for VW MK7 GTI's. I'm an Exec VP for a global "technology" manufacturer. Some of our legacy clients include Boeing, Norfolk Southern, US Army/Navy/Air Force, Prevost, CSX, MCI, GM and Volvo. The latter of the aforementioned has provided insight/illumination into China. Yet, the point of all of that...is pointless to this thread.

Nobody needs a lesson in supply-chain & the vetting of the respective links. Unfortunately, if you comb through this thread, your posts aren’t enlightening...they're unsubstantiated rhetoric targeting a Country. Furthermore, you tossed the first stone in terms of “making it personal” (i.e “ranting”), I simply responded in kind...albeit, perhaps a bit more harshly than I ought to have. For that, I apologize.

If you’re truly an Engineer…Data, Statistics, Proofs…are essential, no? I encourage you to factually respond to the initial question you posed to me (The chance of failure with an aftermarket ebay/ali part is much higher than one that's OEM VW - wouldn't you agree?). I’ve no DATA to validate either a “yes” or “no” response to your claim. Also, nobody cares about my personal perception of "quality" re: China/Ali/Ebay. I've never bought anything from Ebay. My purchasing experience with AliExpress is solely (pun intended) with this product: 2016 Autumn Men Ankle Boots Full Grain Leather Mens Boots Casual Lace Up Brand Designer Work Men Boots Winter Shoes botas

Overall, I'd say that I'm mostly satisfied with the shoes. In fact, I've gotten compliments on the wheat/sandy hue from coworkers and clients...I do wish that a size 11 existed. So, to answer your question on the basis of the empirical experience I possess (NOT DATA/FACTS)...these shoes have not failed me...yet...but they're not "aftermarket", at least I don't think they are.
__________________
"Luck doesn't happen by mistake. Rather, luck is when opportunity meets preparation"

Last edited by AKF427; 02-21-2017 at 05:28 PM.
AKF427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #40
mkygod
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf GTI DSG Autobahn PP, LP, DCC (White 4dr)
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 804
Why hasn't the Chinese VW OEM tail lights been discussed?

I haven't read about any quality differences between the German and Chinese made OEM tail lights.

Also, why do people even bother with Aftermarket Chinese lights over Chinese OEM lights when they're practically the same price?
mkygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:46 PM   #41
AKF427
Senior Member
 
Drives: 16 VW GTI 6spd | '17 Audi Q7 Prem+/Virtual Cockpit
Location: Lexington MA
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkygod View Post
Why hasn't the Chinese VW OEM tail lights been discussed?
Probably because the majority of those posting to this thread are in the US, our cars come from Mexico, and aftermarket purchases are from the likes of DAP, ECS, etc. However your point is a good one, and supports the "possibility" that China manufacturing is not inferior to Mexico & European for purposes of this thread.

I haven't read about any quality differences between the German and Chinese made OEM tail lights.
Neither have I. The quotes below from AspekZA all support that most anything from China is totally inferior. I know zero about VW China in terms of quality. I do know---based upon reading--- that VW Mexico, manufacturing everything but the R, has a very high level of production quality. In fact, I believe I read that the manufacturing defects on Golf's/GTI's manufactured in Mexico is less than that of those manufactured in Europe/Germany. No idea where China stacks up in quality vs. Mexico or Europe.

Also, why do people even bother with Aftermarket Chinese lights over Chinese OEM lights when they're practically the same price?
That's an excellent question. I suspect it is due to price. No data/facts/proof have been offered to suggest that aftermarket Chinese lights possess a fantastically higher failure rate and are totally inferior. However, given the price difference is it logical to assume they're inferior & will ultimately fail...yes...but, as indicated no actual DATA to that end has been offered. Where are you locating Chinese VW OEM lights that are for sale?

Per AspektZA:
1) Tailights are a critical safety item, and buying ECS/aliexpress replica lights is a Bad Idea.
2) The chance of failure with an aftermarket ebay/ali part is much higher than one that's OEM VW - wouldn't you agree?

3) Are you honestly suggesting that the replica taillights made in a ghost factory somewhere in Guangzhou meet the same rigorous design and manufacture standards set by VW engineers and are fulfilled by top tier automotive suppliers like AL or Hella?

4) Guangzhou is a major manufacturing city in the PRC. There's plenty of cut rate factories out there turning out knock offs of LV bags, car parts, eBay specials, etc.

5) There's a huge difference in a VW stamped OEM part and a knock off bit sourced from who knows where in Asia.

6) The Chinese knock offs are only out to get your money, and don't give a rat's ass about how well it works for you.

7) is everything made in China junk? No.

8) Is a most of the world's junk manufactured in China? Yes.

9) There are quality products made in China for companies, but the majority of crappy manufactured items you find happen to be made in China.
__________________
"Luck doesn't happen by mistake. Rather, luck is when opportunity meets preparation"
AKF427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:54 AM   #42
AspektZA
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Mk7 SE DSG
Location: Houston
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 395
Between the VW-FAW supplied and VW AG supplied LED tail lights there's probably little to no difference in terms of quality, other than the color.

The EU lights may just be more expensive due to the nature of how they're sourced, or where Shopdap, et al. are getting them.

I was quoted ~$210 per light at a VW dealer in South Africa.

"In terms of quality, there is no difference between the OEM VW - China lights and the
European made lights.
Just be aware, there are cheaper replica tail lights out there, the plastic may fade or crack and wear put prematurely. OEM lights will last the life of the car."


http://www.becautoparts.com/collecti...ed-tail-lights


I'm not singling out China as a premier manufacturer of junk, but I do know where most of the crappy tools at Harbor Freight are made. Not to say that the Chinese don't build hardwearing drills for deWalt, Makita, etc.
AspektZA is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.