GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
367whp SAE first pull, 90 degree IATs on the dyno

Going to put the hotter tune in it.

Edit: didn't make a single extra HP on the hotter tune, which I expected. Pump gas limits.

Graphs to follow

Looks good man. I’m not in touch with IS38 targets. Around what you were expecting?

Also, is it hot up there today? I know you’re running the IE IC (or FMIC?).

Hoon

Autocross Champion
What were your torque figures?

Didn't grab a tach signal and his OBD II thing has never worked right.

I'll have to do the math.

Good hp number. Higher than Apr. What bolt ons? And this is a dynojet I'm guessing? I'll be testing on a Mustang.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

R600 Intake
Forge Inlet Hose
CTS TIP
OEM IS38
Uni IC
Rev 9 DP
2.5" QTP Cutout before the muffler
Uni DSG Tune
IKH24 Plugs
Lightweight Wheels (18.6lbs, which will affect a dynojet slightly)

Do you have a DJ available? Mustangs are the best to tune on and the worst for comparisons.

Looks good man. I’m not in touch with IS38 targets. Around what you were expecting?

Also, is it hot up there today? I know you’re running the IE IC (or FMIC?).

Nah it was 55 degrees inside the shop today, the shop i dyno at is a muscle car place and their main fan doesn't work well on FWD cars.

I wanted 360whp on pump. I'm going to make 390whp or better on E30. I expected the cutout to make 10whp, which it did. I also thought the hotter tune would make the same power or less. It made 1 WHP less due to the increase in knock correction.

Stock vs Uni S2 vs Current

Cutout open vs Cutout closed (next time someone tells you catbacks are just noise...lol)

Above 350whp from 95mph to 125mph in 4th gear...meaty!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Didn't grab a tach signal and his OBD II thing has never worked right.

I'll have to do the math.

R600 Intake
Forge Inlet Hose
CTS TIP
OEM IS38
Uni IC
Rev 9 DP
2.5" QTP Cutout before the muffler
Uni DSG Tune
IKH24 Plugs
Lightweight Wheels (18.6lbs, which will affect a dynojet slightly)

Do you have a DJ available? Mustangs are the best to tune on and the worst for comparisons.

Nah it was 55 degrees inside the shop today, the shop i dyno at is a muscle car place and their main fan doesn't work well on FWD cars.

I wanted 360whp on pump. I'm going to make 390whp or better on E30. I expected the cutout to make 10whp, which it did. I also thought the hotter tune would make the same power or less. It made 1 WHP less due to the increase in knock correction.

Stock vs Uni S2 vs Current

Cutout open vs Cutout closed (next time someone tells you catbacks are just noise...lol)

Above 350whp from 95mph to 125mph in 4th gear...meaty!

Looks great man congrats. I'm dying to get on the dyno. Unfortunately I don't have a legit dynojet near me that also doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'll get it done eventually, but I have a Mustang dyno within a half hour away at a good price. My buddy had his wrx tuned on a Mustang so I'm happy about that for comparison lol did you get any correction on your runs?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Looks great man congrats. I'm dying to get on the dyno. Unfortunately I don't have a legit dynojet near me that also doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I'll get it done eventually, but I have a Mustang dyno within a half hour away at a good price. My buddy had his wrx tuned on a Mustang so I'm happy about that for comparison lol did you get any correction on your runs?

Yes, some were relatively clean, others had 2-4 degrees.

The problem with the Mustang Dyno is there's no consistency. Some read much lower than dynojets, others read higher.

They will say whatever the operator wants them to say.

When someone says I was on a mustang dyno so add X% to equal dynojet numbers, they lose all credibility IMO.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

The problem with the Mustang Dyno is there's no consistency. Some read much lower than dynojets, others read higher.

When someone says I was on a mustang dyno so add X% to equal dynojet numbers, they lose all credibility IMO.

What's up with your cut out? Electronically controlled? Nobody here ever wants to race, was thinking if I had on/off noise making that might change.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
He’s not just a Hoon. He can weld too! Skilz

Cameron1292

Ready to race!

Oh anyone that says add this percentage to that number to get dyno jet numbers is full of it that's impossible.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Hoon, did Alex give you a virtual dyno? Curious if it was close to your physical numbers..

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Hoon, did Alex give you a virtual dyno? Curious if it was close to your physical numbers..

No I don't think so. I remember reading something about virtual dyno setup but I just skipped over it because I knew I'd dyno the car when done.

Side note, it loves the corn. Haven't logged it yet, but the butt dyno says decent gains

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
No I don't think so. I remember reading something about virtual dyno setup but I just skipped over it because I knew I'd dyno the car when done.

Side note, it loves the corn. Haven't logged it yet, but the butt dyno says decent gains

If you want to send me your last set of logs I can throw them into vdyno and see. Sometimes logs don't come out right in dyno.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

Dyno's are just a tool for tuning or seeing gains. Mustang is the better tool for tuning but typically reads lower. My car was tuned on a mustang but wanted to see how it would read on a dynojet because people always say that numbers seem low, blah, blah, blah. In my instance, my local dynojet read about 8% higher then the mustang dyno. So I give them that info so people can get an idea on what kind of numbers they can possibly expect on a dynojet. Its just math and don't see any issue with stating that.