GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Joel

Ready to race!
I took it out after a frustrating day at work.
Can't help but love this car, frame of mind was restored.
Plus the TSI Jetta that tried to run me gave me a good laugh...

Joel

Ready to race!
Well you were right. Happy to say I sent the P.O.S back to Germany and picked up the JB4. I must say it is working out very well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Nice, you are going to be happy with the JB4. :D

Last edited:

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
Got around to popping these Gti mats in since it seems to have finally stopped raining here in the Bay Area
It's the little things :D

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Mounted my second Brake duct.. :D

& the difference between this & the other RS3 one you mounted??

You do realise that you have to mod them to fit 100% to our pressed steel wishbones & so they do not interfere with our small discs which move the caliper inwards..

they were made for 375mm & 8 piston monoblock callipers & aluminium wishbone..

I did a how to guide for these...which covers the modifications..& don't bother using the OEM 7.6mm cable ties..I used stronger 9mm which fit the channels & look way more OEM...:cool:

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
& the difference between this & the other RS3 one you mounted??

You do realise that you have to mod them to fit 100% to our pressed steel wishbones & so they do not interfere with our small discs which move the caliper inwards..

they were made for 375mm & 8 piston monoblock callipers & aluminium wishbone..

I did a how to guide for these...which covers the modifications..& don't bother using the OEM 7.6mm cable ties..I used stronger 9mm which fit the channels & look way more OEM...:cool:

I had only mounted one over the winter for testing. And it worked fine, so mounted the other one now.

But i don´t understand were they wound interfere?!, can you link to your guide?..:confused:

Ok, yes the cable ties feels a little bit week, but have worked in hard winter i Sweden..But maybe change them next year,

And i think i will remove these over winter, they don´t make any sense inte the winter..:D

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I had only mounted one over the winter for testing. And it worked fine, so mounted the other one now.

But i don´t understand were they wound interfere?!, can you link to your guide?..:confused:

Ok, yes the cable ties feels a little bit week, but have worked in hard winter i Sweden..But maybe change them next year,

And i think i will remove these over winter, they don´t make any sense inte the winter..:D

the item does not properly fit our wishbone, for starters then ....Full steering lock with full suspension drop (wheels in air) mine hit the duct at 2/3 lock each side..wheels on ground 3/4 to full lock each side it hit the duct....you have bigger brakes than my 312mm but they may still interfere.....here you go for the RS3 one....

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41323

:cool:

nype

Drag Racing Champion