GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS upgraded PCV hose kit

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Sooo... I noticed a little seeping around my oil cap and back side of the valve cover gasket. Read up on it and oil cap seems common, ordered a new one and no more oil around the cap. Great! Still oil around the valve cover gasket though... upon further inspection it looks like it's the pcv hose going to the turbo inlet. Also, 13k miles on the car and the pcv IS working correctly, just the shitty plastic pipe leaking on the engine end of the hose. No measureable oil loss in the 3 oil changes I've done.

Question is, does anybody have any thoughts on the ECS hose kit? Looks nice, not too flashy. I don't think I'll need a catch can, won't be any tracking except the occasional 1/4 mile.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/upgraded-pcv-breather-hose/021834ecs0101kt/

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I don’t know about that product, but just wanted to point out that this car does not have a valve cover. I learned this past week that it’s actually called a cylinder head cover and has integrated bearings for the camshaft.

FYI, so you or anyone who reads this doesn’t take it off thinking it’s just a valve cover.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
That's very true, I just figured more would know the location if I said valve cover. I think I read that same thread yesterday lol. I'm a mechanic by trade (or was), but I always read up before diving into anything. Especially with VW.

7_Rated_R

I have the ecs pcv hose installed. It’s nice but it sits higher that the oem. That combined with my cts turbo inlet pipe caused fitment problems. I had to cut my firewall to get it to fit.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Thanks, that's the type of info I was looking for. Do you think it would need modding on a stock turbo inlet or other ( non CTS ) aftermarket inlet? Not really sure how CTS differs from others.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
My stock plastic hose is cracked...

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Knowing VW it's probably more for the stock part. My thoughts are if it's broken at 13k miles it needs an upgrade.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I don’t know about that product, but just wanted to point out that this car does not have a valve cover. I learned this past week that it’s actually called a cylinder head cover and has integrated bearings for the camshaft.

FYI, so you or anyone who reads this doesn’t take it off thinking it’s just a valve cover.
I found this out the scary way when taking off my pcv box to check it for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7_Rated_R

Thanks, that's the type of info I was looking for. Do you think it would need modding on a stock turbo inlet or other ( non CTS ) aftermarket inlet? Not really sure how CTS differs from others.

I replaced mine bc the oring inside the stock tube broke in half. I am guessing the cts pipe had a slightly taller breather hose port. The ecs is taller also so the combo of the 2 didn’t play perfect

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I'll be honest, AN fittings are not that much money. Like they are basically holding you hostage for the little piece that goes into the pcv box.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Under warranty?

I guess it is unless they scan it. It's a shitty part from the get go, so I don't mind upgrading. Ordered the ECS kit...