GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

first Bilstein B16 Damptronic coilover

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
not sure how to post pics without Photoshop but I got one of the first three sets of Damptronic coilovers to arrive in North America, Bilstein Germany last minute decided to not offer them in the Triple C cad plating but instead painted yellow not to mention the msrp went up a bit in Europe.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
In for updates.

Aren’t they also working on DCC dampers or am I confusing it with these coilovers?

funks

Ready to race!
In for updates.

Aren’t they also working on DCC dampers or am I confusing it with these coilovers?

DCC dampers are already available from Bilsteins for the MK7+ R's.

Part Number #23-254343 for the fronts
Part Number #20-254353 for the rears

They are the Damptronic B6 struts (aftermarket DCC stock replacement struts)

The one OP posted about is basically the damptronic enabled version of the coilovers.

funks

Ready to race!
In for updates.

DCC dampers are already available from Bilsteins for the MK7+ R's, aka Bilstein Damptronic B6 Struts (aftermarket DCC compatible replacement struts).

The one OP posted about are basically the Damptronic enabled (DCC controllable) version of the Bilstein's coilovers.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Thanks Funks!

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
DCC dampers are already available from Bilsteins for the MK7+ R's, aka Bilstein Damptronic B6 Struts (aftermarket DCC compatible replacement struts).

The one OP posted about are basically the Damptronic enabled (DCC controllable) version of the Bilstein's coilovers.
I see I live close by

Droopy1

Passed Driver's Ed

Any reviews on these ?

funks

Ready to race!
x2......also interested to know if anyone has tried these with lowering springs

They are quite expensive (close to 1500$ for the front and rear set) and the cars with the Monroe DCC Dampers are still pretty new. Gotta wait for people's stock dampers to have issues first before you'll see more people run them.

If my stock dampers ever need replacing, will go with Bilsteins for sure as they usually have lifetime warranty in the US, rebuildable in the US, and usually monotube (instead of twintube), and inverted. Not sure if the Monroe DCC dampers are twintube though. One thing for sure though, the OEM replacements from VW will cost more than the Bilsteins.

Last edited:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
They are quite expensive (close to 1500$ for the front and rear set) and the cars with the Monroe DCC Dampers are still pretty new. Gotta wait for people's stock dampers to have issues first before you'll see more people run them.

If my stock dampers ever need replacing, will go with Bilsteins for sure as they usually have lifetime warranty in the US, rebuildable in the US, and usually monotube (instead of twintube), and inverted. Not sure if the Monroe DCC dampers are twintube though. One thing for sure though, the OEM replacements from VW will cost more than the Bilsteins.

The OEM ones are really expensive. I my right front replaced and remember it being more than $400. I had a little sticker shock, even though I didn't even pay for it.

I too am really curious about these bilsteins. I understand the KW's valve is better, but i've heard of people having problems with them.

Also, I'm pretty sure the OEM monroe's are twin tube.