GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Quick impression of stage 1 DSG:

I LOVE that it no longer shifts into 5th at 35mph. The dogbone hybrid vibrated and I'd have to downshift manually. Now it's smooth sailing.

I don't like that at steady 60mph it won't go into 6th. I can force it and then it stays but would rather it did it automatically. 5th at 60mph isn't at drone rpms but it's just wasting gas.

Stop and go is much better. The tune is helping to I think. Feels more like an N/A car and less rubber bandy when you have to gas brake a lot.

Excited I can see what gear it's in now.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Quick impression of stage 1 DSG:

I LOVE that it no longer shifts into 5th at 35mph. The dogbone hybrid vibrated and I'd have to downshift manually. Now it's smooth sailing.

I don't like that at steady 60mph it won't go into 6th. I can force it and then it stays but would rather it did it automatically. 5th at 60mph isn't at drone rpms but it's just wasting gas.

Stop and go is much better. The tune is helping to I think. Feels more like an N/A car and less rubber bandy when you have to gas brake a lot.

Excited I can see what gear it's in now.

Sounds like you have the newest Stage 1 then, good. 62mph is the shift point for 6th gear. I don't mind it staying in 5th. I'd prefer if it didn't shift up to 6th gear until 70mph to be honest.

Sport is pretty awesome too, 3k shifts under light throttle and winds out nicely with more throttle. I find myself shifting to sport a lot when coming up to 90 degree intersections with a green light.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Sounds like you have the newest Stage 1 then, good. 62mph is the shift point for 6th gear. I don't mind it staying in 5th. I'd prefer if it didn't shift up to 6th gear until 70mph to be honest.

Sport is pretty awesome too, 3k shifts under light throttle and winds out nicely with more throttle. I find myself shifting to sport a lot when coming up to 90 degree intersections with a green light.

62? Cool. I'll just go 62 then. It's a 55 mph road.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Diggs... how does your car feel with ED and your new turbo?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
62? Cool. I'll just go 62 then. It's a 55 mph road.

Do a wot 3/4 while logging transmission values with the ED tool when you get a chance. I am curious if clamping pressure ramps up beyond what I see on my IS20, when more torque is being demanded of the IHX475.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Do a wot 3/4 while logging transmission values with the ED tool when you get a chance. I am curious if clamping pressure ramps up beyond what I see on my IS20, when more torque is being demanded of the IHX475.

Will do. If there is some value you want to see I will share but I'm not sharing any logs unless wy2sl0 ok's it. It's his IP and I'm just paying for licensing it. ;)

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Will do. If there is some value you want to see I will share but I'm not sharing any logs unless wy2sl0 ok's it. It's his IP and I'm just paying for licensing it. ;)

He'll have no issues with sharing TCU parameters. If you weren't such a computer troglodyte I'd tell you to edit the ECU CSV files and remove all the columns besides rpm, pressure upstream throttle and ign1, then push them to Datazap. Maybe even that steps on his IP though, I dunno.

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Wish I would have DSG tuned a long time ago.....

Uh yeah. It's the best upgrade for the money you can buy IMO when it comes to DD duty.

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Hi guys just wanted to update i switched my tune to 94/25 with 3gallons of e85 and rest 93 and the car runs great went to the dragstrip last night and ran 12.5@111 thanks for the input you guys provided . Mods are cts tip,billyboat catback, and magic intercooler

boygenius

Hey everyone. I’m very close to pulling the trigger on Eurodyne Tuning over Unitronic. I’m going to run the stage 1.5 93 octane high torque with the dsg tune as well. My only concern over unitronic is the reliability as the car is my commuter car/daily driver. Should i go unitronic or eurodyne

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey everyone. I’m very close to pulling the trigger on Eurodyne Tuning over Unitronic. I’m going to run the stage 1.5 93 octane high torque with the dsg tune as well. My only concern over unitronic is the reliability as the car is my commuter car/daily driver. Should i go unitronic or eurodyne

You already paid for uni. and unless you can get better than 91 i dont see the point

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Just came over from four years with a stage 2 mk6. Loaded the stage 1 91 octane this morning. Do I need an intake for the 1.5 93?