GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R street coilovers

eriknorcal

Ready to race!
I had my heart set on the Bilsteins. But, they're on backorder for god knows how long, and now I'm searching for alternatives.

I was recommended the H&R streets, but at $400 more than the comparable Bilstein B14 set it's a hard pill to swallow. I can't find a ton of feedback on these H&R.

Anyone running these? OR have any other alternatives to the Bilsteins? I'm also thinking of just going with springs, but would rather just do my suspension right from the beginning.

I daily my car, drive it hard(canyons) a few times a month. I also plan to do driving school and the occasional track day(Thunderhill in CA).

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
I had my heart set on the Bilsteins. But, they're on backorder for god knows how long, and now I'm searching for alternatives.

I was recommended the H&R streets, but at $400 more than the comparable Bilstein B14 set it's a hard pill to swallow. I can't find a ton of feedback on these H&R.

Anyone running these? OR have any other alternatives to the Bilsteins? I'm also thinking of just going with springs, but would rather just do my suspension right from the beginning.

I daily my car, drive it hard(canyons) a few times a month. I also plan to do driving school and the occasional track day(Thunderhill in CA).

I run the H&Rs and I'm happy with them. I went with these over the Bilsteins because I didn't want to wait anymore for the Bilsteins to come in stock lol. They will go much lower than the Bilsteins if that matters to you. The roads out by me aren't too great and while they're a firm coilover, they're still comfortable for daily duties. I had VWR springs with the stock shocks before and I feel like the H&Rs are a much better ride. They handle minor road imperfections much better.

If you're looking for a true track coilover, I don't think you're looking at the right setup. These are strictly height adjustable so you can't exactly dial in the alignment like a coilover with camber plates and adjustable dampening. I would say they would be fine for the weekend canyon run though.

The best price I could find on them was from Race Consulting Agency. Otherwise, I've seen them pop up in the classifieds for a few hundred less.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf

Not sure where you are in NorCal but if you want to check out HPA SHS coils I can give you a ride. Not what you are asking about I know, but just throwing it out there if you end up considering a KW product. I am in the east bay.

Regardless of what you choose, I would not settle for just springs if you want a one-and-done experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eriknorcal

Ready to race!
Not sure where you are in NorCal but if you want to check out HPA SHS coils I can give you a ride. Not what you are asking about I know, but just throwing it out there if you end up considering a KW product. I am in the east bay.

Regardless of what you choose, I would not settle for just springs if you want a one-and-done experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seeing this now--what are your overall impressions? I like the price-point of those. I'm in Sac, but I'm down in the bay a few times a year.