GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
If you're going for 18s, get 18x8.5 et45'ish. Then you will not need a spacer up front if you want to go flush, and you can put the extra tread width of 245/40 tires to use.
I'm running a set of 18x8.5 with a 43 offset and with those exact size tires and I can absolutely back up this claim of being perfectly flush. It's exactly what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Sure don't. They sell 17X8.

Nice. Guess Tirerack only has the 17x7 versions for 5x112. How do the Motegi hold up on track? Any failure issues? I have been looking for cheapest/lightest track wheel possible and those are tempting.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Nice. Guess Tirerack only has the 17x7 versions for 5x112. How do the Motegi hold up on track? Any failure issues? I have been looking for cheapest/lightest track wheel possible and those are tempting.

They are flow formed and seem really strong. I have had no issues with them.

B95zP

Ready to race!

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
can I see more of the TSW's???

Finally got everything together this weekend thought Id share to the thread.
- TSW Bathurst's
- 18x8.5 et42
- 18.4lbs / each
- Michelin PSS 235/40/18
- 5mm spacer in rear (none in front)
- ED springs with DCC shocks/struts
- no rubbing or bottoming out (as of yet)

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
- TSW Bathurst's
- 18x8.5 et42
- 18.4lbs / each
- Michelin PSS 235/40/18

I can't get enough of the Bathurst, so nice.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
But Ray's is still something you can brag about because branding is everything these days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Unless bragging isn't something that interests you, then maybe you'd rather brag about the $2000 leftover in your pocket :D

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Unless bragging isn't something that interests you, then maybe you'd rather brag about the $2000 leftover in your pocket :D
This. My wheels are BBS SR reps and they cost half the price. Even if I have to replace one, it's still cheaper than the BBS set

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
This. My wheels are BBS SR reps and they cost half the price. Even if I have to replace one, it's still cheaper than the BBS set

And that's not to say that in a dream land you wouldn't want BBS wheels, or Rays, or HRE, or whatever, but for a lot of people that's not accessible.

Luckily this isn't the "Lightweight Monoblock JDM" Wheels thread, and there shouldn't be a negative stigma on replica/flow formed wheels. If it's a brand name that supports their products and has been around more than a few days, its all good. I would be cautious of new brands with long warranties though.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
And that's not to say that in a dream land you wouldn't want BBS wheels, or Rays, or HRE, or whatever, but for a lot of people that's not accessible.

Luckily this isn't the "Lightweight Monoblock JDM" Wheels thread, and there shouldn't be a negative stigma on replica/flow formed wheels. If it's a brand name that supports their products and has been around more than a few days, its all good. I would be cautious of new brands with long warranties though.
Right. I had a budget and am happy with what I got. I definitely got what I paid for, but I don't have a problem with it. If I had the money I would have gone for something a little more proven however.

am215

Ready to race!

but if it was, here is my contribution:

these are sitting in storage as i'm running 17" rse05 for the time being, not sure how long this will go on for though

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
but if it was, here is my contribution:

these are sitting in storage as i'm running 17" rse05 for the time being, not sure how long this will go on for though

Show off [emoji39]

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
- TSW Bathurst's
- 18x8.5 et42
- 18.4lbs / each
- Michelin PSS 235/40/18

Looks fantastic!!!