GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acorn Lug nuts? How do i use them?

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
I apologize for posting a thread such as this but im very new to this stuff. I was looking to make some subtle cosmetic modifications and decided that i wanted my lug nuts colored blue... or red... or w/e. I came across this,

https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-20...D=51MFEcLBN-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

And I dont understand what else i'll be needing for this... I usually get the regular black lug nuts, but these are caps? or what? I also have 8mm spacer front, and 10mm spacer in the back.

Do these fit my vehicle? and what bolts do i get to pair with these? or do i have other options?

SRoads

Ready to race!
M14 x 1.5 and our cars have lug bolts....unless you do a stud conversion. I would advise you not to put that cheap chinese-i-um crap on a 40K R, but to each their own. Make sure you get ball seat or cone seat depending on oem or aftermarket wheels, though some aftermarket will have ball.

Last edited:

ladringan320

Ready to race!
Car(s)
me?
M14 x 1.5 and our cars have lug bolts....unless you do a stud conversion. I would advise you not to put that cheap chinese-i-um crap on a 40K R, but to each their own. Make sure you get ball seat or cone seat depending on oem or aftermarket wheels, though some aftermarket will have ball.

stick with the lugs then and dont do any crazy conversions? noted. thanks

Jarbear

Ready to race!

stick with the lugs then and dont do any crazy conversions? noted. thanks

I think what he was saying is that you can do a lug bolt to stud conversion and then use lug nuts. But consider:

- OE wheels use a ball seat whereas many aftermarket use cone seat (so take note when ordering lug nuts)
- If you do, buy quality parts from reputable companies (since you'd really regret having a lug failure)
- Here's something quality CLICK ME
- Then quality lugs in different colors can be purchased separately if you wish (with appropriate VW r13 ball seat or conical seat according to wheels)
- Pay more than $20 for lugs

I personally don't think its worth it just for the look.