GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

V6 in the Mk8 R?

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
If it is actually a hybrid, I'll be curious how much the curb weight goes up. I would also suspect that means the end of the manual transmission in the R.

adam1991

Banned
It can have hybrid technologies without being a full on hybrid.

Like I said, there are all sorts of mild hybrids better to help manage the energy and use recaptured energy for start/stop, driving all the goodies in the car, etc. That leaves the gasoline free to move the car instead of doing those things, which means using less gas.

It could be a small battery, or it could be like what Mazda's doing with a big capacitor.

And for the record, Honda had a shift-your-own Civic Hybrid. I owned one.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Sorry to burst your bubbles,
My self along with other club Admins in our region sat down with Jost Capito and Andrew Savvas during Dubdrive GCC event for a privet Q&A session. One of the pictures raised about the possibility of putting an inline 5 or VR6 or even increasing the displacement to make it a direct competitor with other brands offering.

His answer was it very unlikely to happen, specially with new EU regulations that are coming up in terms of emissions, he hinted several times the the VW are slowly shifting its focus on going to electrical route and its possibly the 3-4 Generations down the road the hybrid or electrical R will offered so investing more in internal combustion nowadays are very challenging for car manufacturers around the world.

When asked about giving one hint about the MK8 R, he said a drift bottom!

Pictures from the event if anyone is interested
https://we.tl/JxOqYfHCZz

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

SmokinCAT

Doesn't say VR6 is says V6. I'd say no also, unless they can reign in the weight. But then the weight shouldn't have as much affect on outright handling compared to a V6 in a standard GTi. All wheel drive will help, but added weight is still weight.

Remains to be seen.

VW dropped the VR6 ID a long while a go, they don't call the 3.6L engine in the passat and atlas a VR6 but it is a VR6 design.