GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ran into a Golf R

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Limestone Golf R with MA tags on 95 in RI last night, if you're on here.

Did two 60 rolls, I honked 3x but it seemed I got the jump both runs. Should have given the hit on the second one, given the results I'm guessing it was stock.

Probably 6 or so cars 60-120 with me getting a slight jump.

Guy gave a quick thumbs up and we went our separate ways. It was fun, been awhile since I've gotten a race. Luckily spring is coming!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
That title! Other than that it's cool to "see" other MK7 enthusiasts on the road!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That title! Other than that it's cool to "see" other MK7 enthusiasts on the road!

Absolutely, I don't see many around here.

I've been looking for a Golf R run for awhile, this was the first one. Also the first race on IS38.

you got lucky that it wasn't me lol:D

Id be surprised to see an R run away from me on a 60 roll with a stock turbo and pump gas, but I could always be proven wrong!

Promise it was not me. :)

That I know, lol.

How's that bad bitch holding up? No issues?

Last edited:

USA

Ready to race!
That I know, lol.

How's that bad bitch holding up? No issues?
Just fine. My buddy with the Z06 has been calling me out for 2 months. At first I told him that car is at Iroz. Which he knew. He is doing this in a local FB group. :roll eyes: So when car gets back he keeps calling me out in this group and I have given him multiple opportunities to get with this R. He had to hunt eggs yesterday Easter. I told him how many eggs are you gonna hunt??!! ;) Hunt your eggs and then lets do this. Then the other weekend he told me he had to get some donuts and cannot make it. Then his exhaust had problems and so on................and so on.................. Now he needs a part from me and I agreed to give it to him for free but he must pick it up in his Z06. This has shut him up. It is comical that a 2 liter is intimidating a 7 liter. :D And he just installed performance cylinder heads, cams, headers and tune. Told me his dyno numbers were 580HP on a Dynojet. We weigh the same curb weight.