GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New owner--2017 R, Manual

gr53716

I bought a 2017 Golf R with a manual transmission last week. Got to spend the day yesterday cleaning it up a bit. Wash, clay bar, wax, clean interior, etc. Didn't have a lift to work on the undercarriage, but I got the best that I could reach.

I absolutely love this car. It replaced my 2017 Golf GTI SE that was totaled (somehow my parking garage flooded it--as in a Noah's Ark type flood. Details are still a bit sketchy.) Compared to the GTI, this car is much faster, broader torque band, seems to handle better, rides better, and sounds better.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 973
  • IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 948
  • FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 950

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice! And you bought the fastest color!!! :)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Was that the one listed for $53k?

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
The Onyx White looks sharp. I’m a proud owner of a ‘17 Lapiz Blue with the 6 Spd Manual and no regrets about not getting the DSG! I can’t wait for winter to be over so I can detail it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
A new owner documents his attempt to detail the undercarriage of his (new to him) R, a feat he apparently accomplished while lying on his garage floor.

Borderline compulsive/obsessive, but you have to admire this nonetheless. I do.

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
I have one exactly like it, and not too far from you. Mine has a winter set of wheels and tires on it at present. Congrats on the purchase.

I have an suv for snow days, but do drive it when the weather permits. Where in CT?

Bvstp

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in New Rochelle, NY, in Westchester County, just a few miles north of the Bronx.

Ok, I’m in Bolton, CT, just east of Hartford. I’m on the fence about any mods. Mainly due to the warranty. I think I’m waiting. Then have a friend of mine works at a shop in New Milford area that specializes in this sort of thing do them after the two years are up. Only have 5300 miles after 7 months of ownership.