GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I'm looking around shopping for a 2018 base GTI. I dont want to put anything down and looking for 12k miles. I emailed my local dealer and the guy replied back with $422.42 a month plus tax. That seems pretty high to me..do you guys agree? Sorry I dont have any of the details as he did not provide them

darkmag1k

Hey guys, I'm looking around shopping for a 2018 base GTI. I dont want to put anything down and looking for 12k miles. I emailed my local dealer and the guy replied back with $422.42 a month plus tax. That seems pretty high to me..do you guys agree? Sorry I dont have any of the details as he did not provide them

Damm, I'm paying $350/m - so you're getting screwed.
0 down _loan_ for 2017 S manual. 72 months. 3.9 apr. $20.3k +tax, etc

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed

That is pretty good indeed. I've been searching all over and what Diggs above said is pretty much the sentiment..GTIs do not lease well for whatever reason. These new extended bumper to bumper warranties got me thinking maybe i should just buy instead. I've never had a loan longer than 48 months though so I'm not sure if I want to commit to 72 months or even 60. I wouldnt get anything for a couple months anyway. Maybe i'll find a better deal once i'm closer to the date..

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Agreed, I'm paying $440/m with 0 down loan. 2017 Autobahn manual w/ DCC, adaptive radar, etc. They threw in monster mats, splash guards, cargo blocks and wheel locks also. It was December of 2016 when i purchased my car.

72 months @ 1.9 % apr. If i remember correctly it was $29,500 plus taxes and registration for a car that MSRP'd around $36k. I broke even on my trade.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Agreed, I'm paying $440/m with 0 down loan. 2017 Autobahn manual w/ DCC, adaptive radar, etc. They threw in monster mats, splash guards, cargo blocks and wheel locks also. It was December of 2016 when i purchased my car.

72 months @ 1.9 % apr. If i remember correctly it was $29,500 plus taxes and registration for a car that MSRP'd around $36k. I broke even on my trade.

Where did you get 1.9 APR for 72 months?

DasAuto12

Passed Driver's Ed

You got me thinking about getting a higher trim 17 vs the base 18.. I really like the 18s extra power and the headlights but I would get a better deal on a 17.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
You got me thinking about getting a higher trim 17 vs the base 18.. I really like the 18s extra power and the headlights but I would get a better deal on a 17.
If they fixed the damn sunroof issue on the 18' i'd say that alone is worth the extra money. VW is still trying to fix my 17'.

B00STED1

Ready to race!
Pretty sure If I didn't have to roll over negative equity into my current loan I could've gotten a 2017 brand new S for the 329 I pay a month for my 15.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Interesting, their website says as low as 3.24 and want you to put in a bunch of personal info before showing actual rates.
I actually got that rate through the dealer. When i did the credit app they run it through all their lenders and capital one came back with the best rate.

When applying for credit i always do as many inquiries as possible within the 2 week period so it only hits my credit score once. In this case the dealer replied with an email within 10 minutes and gave me the rates. This was even before i can even finalize my first inquiry with a credit union so i just went with capital one auto.

I was previously shocked also when i bought my 2012 Audi S4 used. It was 2 years old and wells fargo dealer services provided 2.25% for 72 months with 0 down. This was also through credit inquiry with another car dealer.

rymanrph

I purchased my '18 GTI for $4,500 off sticker. The dealer did however have a $1,096 package they included with all vehicles (tint, monster mats, emergency kit, nitrogen in the tires, etc. - way overpriced). They were advertising this for all of their '18s and $7,000 off their '17s. All negotiating went to the value of my trade.

The $4,500 off was dependent on financing a minimum amount of $7,500 which was more than my wife and I were planning on, but we'll just pay the difference on our first payment. That $4,500 off was also in lieu of the 1.9% interest rate that VW is currently offering. The higher interest rate didn't make much of a difference since we plan on paying the car off relatively quickly anyway.