GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pedal box question

dansdad

Apologies for the newbie question!
Are there any negative implications of fitting a pedal box?
I find the throttle delay a pain in my Mk7.5 GTD but at this moment in time don't wish to go a full remap due to warranty implications. Would or could a pedal box call up any engine lights or possibly even give a TD1 flag?

Thanks

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
No, it doesn't in any way effect the ECU it merely adjusts the throttle position.

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
its strange i have a 19 year old tdi thats remapped and there is absolutely no lag where as my 3 year old golf gtd fitted with a dtuk box still has lag

ROBK75

Ready to race!
does anyone have any experience with these as i quite fancy getting one ?

Yes it's great, very adjustable and improves the throttle response drastically.

Takes a little bit of getting used to but I wouldn't be without it now, the car feels so lethargic with it turned off (I realise it doesn't affect the power but it definitely 'feels' more powerful with it on).

s7wag

Ready to race!
Get one, you'll not regret it. It was the best £200 I spent for the GTD. and if you get a re-map even more effective combined. I had one before re-map with (initially) a DTUK box.Tried without and if was awful but with both combined it removes that lag and you'll notice a quick response to accelerator. Smaller movement for greater effect. Go for it!

Got one on my Rangie too....best plug n play device for the money I think..

Steve

sadsac

Passed Driver's Ed
Apologies for the newbie question!
Are there any negative implications of fitting a pedal box?
I find the throttle delay a pain in my Mk7.5 GTD but at this moment in time don't wish to go a full remap due to warranty implications. Would or could a pedal box call up any engine lights or possibly even give a TD1 flag?

Thanks

Have loved mine but now changing car and just about to sell it if you're interested