GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 P34 Intake

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't accept the replacement to at least sell and try to recoup some of your cash?

It was a long back and forth and I was just annoyed at that point.

Last edited:

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
I apologize for the issue you experienced with your P34 Intake, and wanted to assure you that it is not normal. As with all 034Motorsport products, the P34 is covered under warranty against any manufacturing defects.

Regarding the P34 Intake installation, it is imperative that the supplied rubberized washers are installed under the screws, and that the screws are not over-tightened during installation. 4 Nm is the final torque, which is just under 3 foot-pounds - achieved very gently by hand.

If you are having an issue with any part you purchased from us, please send us an email at contact@034motorsport.com so that we can assist you

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I apologize for the issue you experienced with your P34 Intake, and wanted to assure you that it is not normal. As with all 034Motorsport products, the P34 is covered under warranty against any manufacturing defects.

Regarding the P34 Intake installation, it is imperative that the supplied rubberized washers are installed under the screws, and that the screws are not over-tightened during installation. 4 Nm is the final torque, which is just under 3 foot-pounds - achieved very gently by hand.

If you are having an issue with any part you purchased from us, please send us an email at contact@034motorsport.com so that we can assist you

Why do your dog bone inserts bend so much? I'm on my third one. Have you guys thought about making it slightly thicker or using different type of material?

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
Why do your dog bone inserts bend so much? I'm on my third one. Have you guys thought about making it slightly thicker or using different type of material?

Some bending is expected over time. It does not reduce the benefits the insert provides. I have had one installed in my Mk7 Golf R for over 40k miles with minimal bending. Still works just fine. Also mine was the first revision and was installed practically when we released the product. If you have any issues, plase feel free to PM me or email contact@034motorsport.com.

Thanks,

Bradd@034

034Motorsport

Ready to race!
Some deformation of the Dogbone Mount Insert after installation is normal - there is a gap between the center of the factory mount and the insert to account for manufacturing tolerances of the factory cast aluminum and molded rubber.

Once installed, the insert will bend slightly towards the center portion of the factory dogbone mount, but will still reduce the overall movement in the dogbone mount by the thickness of the billet aluminum insert, as intended. Making the piece thicker can affect the installation process and introduce more NVH into the cabin than desired.

The Dogbone Mount Insert also features a lifetime warranty against cracking/failure.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Some bending is expected over time. It does not reduce the benefits the insert provides. I have had one installed in my Mk7 Golf R for over 40k miles with minimal bending. Still works just fine. Also mine was the first revision and was installed practically when we released the product. If you have any issues, plase feel free to PM me or email contact@034motorsport.com.

Thanks,

Bradd@034

The way my inserts bend... you gotta fight for it to come off and pop the new one in. You can actually feel the difference from a new insert vs a totally bent one and believe me on that. I recently upgraded my engine/trans mounts and installed a new insert a few weeks ago.. so far its great and hasn't bent.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
This was second hand btw for what it's worth. I can't say what would happen if it was brand new.

Might have helped to have known that in the beginning...

Two thumbs up for 034 replying to this thread - I'm going to be getting one of these shortly and will post pics.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I agree, being a used unit that changes things. But MissLauren mentioned the back and forth stuff, what was the issue here with getting it resolved later versus sooner?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

william.thomas

Has anyone had any issues with the plastic's integrity over time? Mine has developed a lot of cracks on bolt holes and the seam where it connects to the tube.

I'm really not happy with this so far. It's quite brittle and thin plastic.

Anyone else?
There is torque specification on the screws... Mine is fine...
Torque screws to 4 Nm with a T25 (That's a Nat's ass worth)
VW MK7.5 R