GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Devin1

My reverse lights are even on when the car is off and locked... I must have done something wrong. That must be a wiring problem. I'll double check after dinner.

DaRock1459

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
I can tell you that RoW are not even wired to be able to turn the inner hatch lights off when opening. With my car, I wired it just like the factory cars and from how it is wired, there is no way to have them turn off. Believe me, I tried. The only way I can think of to perform this is by wiring a relay off of the hatch open switch to cut the power to them. Not doing that.

That's interesting. I've read that some people were able to do that using a BEC harness for the MK7 led tails. Good to know now so I'm not worrying much about it.

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
That's interesting. I've read that some people were able to do that using a BEC harness for the MK7 led tails. Good to know now so I'm not worrying much about it.

I should have mentioned that is only applies for the FL dynamic signals. Older LED and the FL low line LED lights WILL turn off the inner hatch lights when open for the RoW cars.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Arrived. Undamaged. Just need ti double check the p/n are what i ordered and then i'll try and get them in even though it's raining

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Anyone order from E-acca can post their turnaround time? I know cars is much faster, but i'd rather deal with Natalja.

These tails look beautiful :) Cant wait to have mine setup

Nsknick

Ready to race!
I fixed the gap issue by doubling up on the little rubber rings and really pushing in hard as I tightened down. My lights are flawless, and lined up perfectly with almost no gap.

Devin1

Now that the foam seal on the back of the lights has settled after installation, the gap between my lights and the hatch and alignment of inner and outer lights is now perfect as well. These lights completely change the look of the back of the car. Love it.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Right I have an issue, installed them and followed the coding to the letter. I'm using audiamant harness, there was no way of knowing which was supposed to go to the inner light and which was to go to the outer or which was for left and which was for right from their installation sheet or no indication on the wires.
I do think I might have it the wrong way around. My fog is always on, my lights don't come on at all, brake, drl or high beam and the whole lights flashes along with the indicators, indicators do sweep across though. Anyone else installed with audiamant? Have I installed the modules the wrong way around? I have the long wired module coming from the outer light and the short wired module on the inner light? AM sheets just tell you where to wire but don't tell you which module goes where or the photos are that blurry that I can't see them!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

JBale

Ready to race!
Right I have an issue, installed them and followed the coding to the letter. I'm using audiamant harness, there was no way of knowing which was supposed to go to the inner light and which was to go to the outer or which was for left and which was for right from their installation sheet or no indication on the wires.
I do think I might have it the wrong way around. My fog is always on, my lights don't come on at all, brake, drl or high beam and the whole lights flashes along with the indicators, indicators do sweep across though. Anyone else installed with audiamant? Have I installed the modules the wrong way around? I have the long wired module coming from the outer light and the short wired module on the inner light? AM sheets just tell you where to wire but don't tell you which module goes where or the photos are that blurry that I can't see them!

To answer the question about them being in the correct spot. The outers would only plug in at the outer and the same for the inners. Also, right and left shouldn't have a large impact on your harness either.

Were you going from OEM LED or non LED tails?

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
To answer the question about them being in the correct spot. The outers would only plug in at the outer and the same for the inners. Also, right and left shouldn't have a large impact on your harness either.

Were you going from OEM LED or non LED tails?
I never tried them in the other plugs, I just plugged them up how I assumed they should go, based on how I installed the original LEDs, I had upgraded from halogen to mk7 LEDs. The harness I bought was for halogen to facelift LED but I didn't reset the coding. Maybe I need to go back to halogen coding and then do the AM coding?

JBale

Ready to race!
I never tried them in the other plugs, I just plugged them up how I assumed they should go, based on how I installed the original LEDs, I had upgraded from halogen to mk7 LEDs. The harness I bought was for halogen to facelift LED but I didn't reset the coding. Maybe I need to go back to halogen coding and then do the AM coding?

You probably would have been better off with the LED - FL LED harness if you had already upgraded previously.

Did you uninstall the old non LED to LED harness prior to installing the AM harness?

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
You probably would have been better off with the LED - FL LED harness if you had already upgraded previously.

Did you uninstall the old non LED to LED harness prior to installing the AM harness?
I did uninstall everything.
It's all good I found the stock halogen coding online, put a couple of settings back on which had been changed to not active and now have my lights working as they should. Except just have to find the fog light code and switch it off as it's always on, fogs didn't work in my last LEDs and in my attempt to find them I guess I did find them and left then on. Should be an easy fix