GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catted DP and passing readiness

Radfox

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response. Weird that your fuel level had to be a certain level. You can force readiness through VCDS, did you try that too? So I'm assuming just the "stock" file UNI provides worked?

How do you force readiness with a VCDS? What is the procedure?

Also what CEL code are you guys getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
With a JB4, CTS catted DP and 42DD spacer facing the ABS module, there are no CEL's and passes all readiness monitors. The CTS catted DP has the O2 bung before the cat so the 42DD does a good job at keeping the CEL away.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
How do you force readiness with a VCDS? What is the procedure?

Also what CEL code are you guys getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a video on youtube outlining the procedure just search for VCDS readiness. Most get the P0420 check engine light code for catalyst efficiency. Most aftermarket high flow cats aren't as efficient as the OEM cat causing the code. This can typically be defeated with a spacer to eliminate the CEL.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
With a JB4, CTS catted DP and 42DD spacer facing the ABS module, there are no CEL's and passes all readiness monitors. The CTS catted DP has the O2 bung before the cat so the 42DD does a good job at keeping the CEL away.
Thanks. I was either going to try the vibrant or 42dd spacer but maybe I'll just buy both and see which works best.

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
There is no such thing as forcing readyness. You can force the ecu to run the test but that doesn't guarantee you'll pass. I have used the procedure above on my mk6 gti but when I had to smog my mk7 R that procedure doesnt work.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
"Forcing Readiness" is just the term commonly used to describe the procedure to "force" the ECU to run the tests without going having through a full drive cycle. Not every state run smog like CA. Looks like the OP is from Long Island.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
FWIW I fixed my CEL last night. I got a $17 O2 spacer off Amazon and figured out the right config since its modular. You just have to play around with it until it works right

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
FWIW I fixed my CEL last night. I got a $17 O2 spacer off Amazon and figured out the right config since its modular. You just have to play around with it until it works right

Congrats! Yeah sometimes with those modular/adjustable ones you have to fiddle around with them to get them set just right. Glad it worked out for you though. :)

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I just unscrewed the lower section so reduce the overall size. It was throwing a lean code so it was too far out of the stream I guessed. Two days so far no code.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Flashed to GIAC stage 2 today and the CEL that comes back every once in a while is gone. I left it on before the flash to see what would happen. Haven't had a chance to check readiness yet but I assume I'm still failing. Will try to get the 02 spacer in over the weekend and report back.

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
"Forcing Readiness" is just the term commonly used to describe the procedure to "force" the ECU to run the tests without going having through a full drive cycle. Not every state run smog like CA. Looks like the OP is from Long Island.

Yes, correct no smog here. Just a description of the process instead of running the drive cycle.