GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitted new Discs and pads all round

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Hi t-800. Couple of questions mate. Do i need to connect a battery charger when doing rear brakes when retract epb?? And after they unwind do I leave my obdeleven device still connected until I finish brake job or do I disconnect it do the brake then reconnect to retract the epb again.thanks in advance I haven't got a clue where to start

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
In VCDS it's called activate brake lining change and you activate it to retract the piston winder then you can turn off ignition and work on changing the pads (don't forget you still need to push back the pistons once the winder has retracted)
Once you've done the pad change then pad lining change can be deactivated.
Not sure if OBD 11 is the same.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
In VCDS it's called activate brake lining change and you activate it to retract the piston winder then you can turn off ignition and work on changing the pads (don't forget you still need to push back the pistons once the winder has retracted)
Once you've done the pad change then pad lining change can be deactivated.
Not sure if OBD 11 is the same.
Thanks mate. When u turn off the ignition did u still have ur vcds still connected to the car while u do pad change? Cheers mate And do I have to connect a battery charger or something??

Last edited:

t-800

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks mate. When u turn off the ignition did u still have ur vcds still connected to the car while u do pad change? Cheers mate And do I have to connect a battery charger or something??

I had it connected yes but it's not essential as it's not actually doing anything.
I don't see why a battery charger is needed to be honest.