GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD aftermarket exhausts

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Waggers, question for you please. My imminent GTI has been just cancelled and replaced with a new GTD (long story for another day), but this time I've ordered the GTD with more equipment including the Sight and Sound package.

Therefore I've been thinking of doing what you have and just replacing the section aft of the sound generator when the car arrives for a Milltek or Cobra Sport rear section with the GTI type outlet and valance.

My question is more to do with VW and PCP. Strictly the car still belongs to VW finance so would this be allowed, or could the "old" rear section be fitted back just before handing the car back (if that's what I do) with a clamp etc and refit of the standard GTD diffuser ?

I assume as you did yours you purchased it outright and not on a PCP ? If you are on a PCP, and comments form the dealers when you have taken the car in for a service / warranty etc ?

s7wag

Ready to race!
Waggers, question for you please.

My question is more to do with VW and PCP. Strictly the car still belongs to VW finance so would this be allowed, or could the "old" rear section be fitted back just before handing the car back (if that's what I do) with a clamp etc and refit of the standard GTD diffuser ?

I assume as you did yours you purchased it outright and not on a PCP ? If you are on a PCP, and comments form the dealers when you have taken the car in for a service / warranty etc ?

I bought mine on PCP originally to get the 3 year service plan but then moved it to a personal loan within a couple of months to halve the interest % :) . Still have the Service plan retained ;).

TBH I've not really heard of anyone seeing a PCP to the end and handing it back. I've always treated it as 'mine' from the start and done whatever I've wanted to it.

It went in for its first service at the end of January. No comment upon return from service or warranty flags other than 'Nice looking car...'. Pedal box left turned-on and re-map intact. No discussion on respect to warranty but I wouldn't expect unless a claim was made!

In respect to the rear exhaust it's straight swap of a straight-through rear section with no silencer (per standard Sport & Sound Active exhaust) so I'd have the debate on the warranty question if they raised that about the exhaust.

If you want it...just do it! :)

Steve

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Cheers Steve, just what I wanted to hear.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Waggers, another quick question i I may.

Talking about the GTI rear lower diffuser that would need to be installed, is it just the actual diffuser that's needed or are there an array of brackets and clips that also need to be purchased as well please ?

s7wag

Ready to race!
Just the OEM GTI diffuser part number:V5G6 807 568 F9 B9 @ £74.20. Direct swap of existing with same fixings - no additional parts required. The exhaust guys changed it over (5mins) whilst fitting the new rear section.

Steve

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Well had this fitted today, I'm still not 100% sold on it, I like it from some angles but think it looks a bit much from others, I think I'm going to get the top side of it painted red to match the car, just the bit which protrudes out and slopes down, leaving the underneath part black.

What do you guys think?
Nah dont worry, looks rly good

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Evan Beresford

Rob

I noticed in previous comments that you had a non resonated system, what difference has this made to the sound if any? And do you have the sport and sound pack?

I was possibly thinking about doing the same as waggers @ amd Essex was they any good waggers?

Thanks

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Rob

I noticed in previous comments that you had a non resonated system, what difference has this made to the sound if any? And do you have the sport and sound pack?

I was possibly thinking about doing the same as waggers @ amd Essex was they any good waggers?

Thanks

Hi Evan,
No I don't have the sport and sound pack, just the non resonated Milltek exhaust. To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the noise when I first drove it, I'm not sure what I was expecting but the difference was negligible, I suppose I should have known better with it being a Diesel.

However I've noticed over time the sound does seem to have increased a bit, especially if I've been driving on the motorway and it's warmed up. It's still not loud but it does have a bit of a deeper sound at low revs, and it definitely seems to rev cleaner throughout the range and gives the car a bit oomph. Plus the pipes look much better than the standard ones.

LexGTD

No pretty straightforward, just clips on in place of the original.
Rob, Quick question..

You brought the miltek cat back right?
What do think of it?
What's the sound like?
and also do is pop like a gti at high revs?

Thinking to buy the carbon black one

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
Rob, Quick question..

You brought the miltek cat back right?
What do think of it?
What's the sound like?
and also do is pop like a gti at high revs?

Thinking to buy the carbon black one

Hi Lex, I've got the same at Rob just a GTi style dual exits instead. Looks wise its spot on, noise wise I'm finding it just gives a nicer deep "burble" with a nicer note as you accelerate. It certainly doesn't pop like a petrol. When it gets hot after a really good run out the noise is much better. Unfortunately we're still stuck with the rattle of the diesel up front drowning the exhaust note.

Cheers,

Mike.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Hey i've never had any issues with dealers or techs only compliments. I've never got around to handing a car back at end of PCP to be honest but trade-ins have been no issue even within warranty period. For the exhaust you're replacing a straight through exit pipe with the same albeit swapping to twin exit so no effect on engine or exhaust system. Just do what you need to do to please you and if unsure keep the old parts to re-instate at end of PCP.

Have fun

Steve