GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Successfully removed gauge cluster scratches

ErikGTI

Do you guys think this will also work on the carbon-fiber-looking areas in the interior?

My car is like two weeks old, I've really babied it, and somehow even with a microfiber cloth I managed to get some scratches near the gear shift.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Do you guys think this will also work on the carbon-fiber-looking areas in the interior?

My car is like two weeks old, I've really babied it, and somehow even with a microfiber cloth I managed to get some scratches near the gear shift.
I think this would work on it. For the price it's worth a try

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

surfstar

Ready to race!
Would it work on the headlights?

Don't use something like this on your headlights. You might remove the UV coating and get yellow headlights faster.

No polish, buff, etc on OEM lights UNTIL they have yellowed. Then it doesn't matter. In the meantime, a wax or sealant is fine, just not a "cleaner" type.

ErikGTI

My scratches were from light cleaning without paying as much attention to contaminants as much as I should have. I did it twice and got the results I wanted the second time, after I had learned some lessons. You have to start contamination-free. This is my revised technique:

- Blow off all dust on the gauge with a high-power air blower.
- Use a freshly washed/dried soft high loft microfiber cloth - I used the blower on that too - to ensure no contaminants.
- Put a generous amount of Quixx on the cloth.
- Rubbed hard for three minutes. Had to switch hand positions because my hand hurt, rubbed so hard that my fingers and the cloth got hot.

I used my phone to time how long I did it. Did not use the crappy cloth it comes with. Worth the effort.

Last edited:

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Don't use something like this on your headlights. You might remove the UV coating and get yellow headlights faster.

No polish, buff, etc on OEM lights UNTIL they have yellowed. Then it doesn't matter. In the meantime, a wax or sealant is fine, just not a "cleaner" type.

The Quixx headlight/plastic polish kit includes a UV protection solution.

You have to stick with it when you're polishing, you can't just do a one minute pass and think it will work 100%.

DCCSGMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Golf-7-PET-Car-Dashboard-Protector-Screen-Protective-Film-For-VW-Fit-MK7-2014/32291939735.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.65.l4goQ1

I have light swirls on my gauges which i covered up using using film from Aliexpress. Not a 100% but at least it'll prevent new scratches. I only bought one set because it was my first time ordering from there and I wish I bought more. It's a little tricky applying the film because of the tight space and curvature of the gauges so it's nice to have extras just in case.