GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Denver GTI/R owners sucks at acknowledging eachother!

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Just wanted to make this known lol.

In Milwaukee, almost all modified VW owners acknowledge eachother but here people really REALLY suck at it. I get all stoked to see a new mk7 GTI or R and I get absolutely no love back.

I'm not hating on the golfmk7 or prolly vortex community, just all the people that buy a GTI or R because it's "just a car".

Rant over, thanks for reading :D

#onevwlove

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Lol happens by me too in Illinois.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Denvernoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to make this known lol.

In Milwaukee, almost all modified VW owners acknowledge eachother but here people really REALLY suck at it. I get all stoked to see a new mk7 GTI or R and I get absolutely no love back.

I'm not hating on the golfmk7 or prolly vortex community, just all the people that buy a GTI or R because it's "just a car".

Rant over, thanks for reading :D

#onevwlove

Denver is more of a "Jeep Waive" kind of town...if you have a CJ or Wrangler...you can't get people to stop waiving!

I have seen one other R owner waive my way so far...maybe its because we all tint the crap out of our windows and can't see in the other cars?

Ill keep my eyes out for ya.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Denver is more of a "Jeep Waive" kind of town...if you have a CJ or Wrangler...you can't get people to stop waiving!

I have seen one other R owner waive my way so far...maybe its because we all tint the crap out of our windows and can't see in the other cars?

Ill keep my eyes out for ya.

Quite true, ugh.

My windows are always down(fear of using the AC lol) so I'm always waving. I even had a guy in a new white GTI next to me 3 days ago and I looked over to wave and dude just stared forward.

Kills me!

rsfVW

Haha. I completely agree! I've noticed the same thing. I've had lots of vehicles, many "car guy" vehicles that merit acknowledgement when passing each other in this big ol world. The Mk7's have returned the least waves of all of them. The few others I've seen have usually given a very uncomfortable "leave me alone" or "is he going to rob me?" type look. Oh well.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
OP, how old are you?

When I drove my mk1 I would acknowledge other MK1 owners.

Where I live now, no one appreciates anything. People drive as fast as possible and change lanes without signalling. A car is a status symbol and/or simply a means from point A to point B.

Do I say hello to every car? NO. Why? Because I already have friends.

Seriously though, I wont ignore someone who comes up to me in a parking lot and wants to talk but I sure as shit aint saying hello to every VW kid out there driving a stock car.

Oh wait, you only have a GOLF? PFFT
Oh wait, you only have a GTI? PFFT
Oh wait, you drive a new VW? PFFT
Oh wait, you drive an old VW? PFFT
Oh wait, your car is only on springs? PFFT
Oh wait, you aren't on air? PFFT
Oh wait, you are rocking OEM 17's? PFFT
Oh wait, you have a vwvortex sticker on your car? PFFT

Did I mention to you that I daily a Prius and garage queen my MK7?

And NO I do not acknowledge other Prius owners. Why? Because I have a life and I have to drive as fast as I can without signalling ;)

Regards,

Paul

Last edited:

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
OP, how old are you?

When I drove my mk1 I would acknowledge other MK1 owners.

Where I live now, no one appreciates anything. Its drive as fast as possible and change lanes without signalling. A car is a status symbol and/or simply a means from point A to point B.

Do I say hello to every car? NO. Why? Because I already have friends.

Seriously though, I wont ignore someone who comes up to me in a parking lot and wants to talk but I sure as shit aint saying hello to every VW kid out there driving a stock car.

Oh wait, you only have a GOLF? PFFT
Oh wait, you only have a GTI? PFFT
Oh wait, you drive a new VW? PFFT
Oh wait, you drive an old VW? PFFT
Oh wait, your car is only on springs? PFFT
Oh wait, you aren't on air? PFFT
Oh wait, you are rocking OEM 17's? PFFT
Oh wait, you have a vwvortex sticker on your car? PFFT

Did I mention to you that I daily a Prius and garage queen my MK7?

And NO I do not acknowledge other Prius owners. Why? Because I have a life and I have to drive as fast as I can without signalling ;)

Regards,

Paul

Well said, well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk