GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf - XDS or XDS+

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
I have searched around and can't find the info - do all MK7 Golf models come with XDS+ (XDSPlus) electronic differential lock rather than XDS? I believe XDS+ was introduced as standard for all MK7 Golf models but can't seem to find any information to confirm it. As far as I can see XDS+ brakes the inside rear wheel while cornering in addition to the inside front wheel whereas the previous version, XDS, only applied braking force to the inside front wheel while cornering.

I have a MK7 Golf GTD and the PR code list I have shows 1Y3 - Differential Lock (XDS). It does not say XDS+ and there doesn't seem to be a separate PR code for XDS+ so I am a bit confused...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
They all come with XDS+ says so in the brochures & I can't find anything that states otherwise...not even in the VW self study guides...

Josh64

Ready to race!
Yes they all have it. You have to chuck it into a corner pretty hard to really notice it working, but you can definitely feel it brake that inside front wheel when you do.

I like the XDS+, but I have to say, my last car was a Prelude with the active torque transfer system and that was far more effective than XDS+ is. I miss my Prelude...

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the replies.

They all come with XDS+ says so in the brochures & I can't find anything that states otherwise...not even in the VW self study guides...

Ah yes, but the brochure is notorious for misprints and incorrect information unfortunately so I personally wouldn't trust that as a single source of information.
I wonder why V.W. make it so difficult to confirm or even find any real information on things like this? Current info on the V.W. U.K. site for example says XDS but does not mention XDS+ and mentions providing pressure on the inside wheel but not wheels. Hmmm... :confused:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Not to go against Dave, because he's right 99.9% of the time, but from what I remember it's a bit different in the states. In 2015 all 1.8Ts and 2.0TDIs only had XDS while the 2.0T cars got XDS+ or XDS+ w/VAQ. I'll have to do some digging, but I remember this being a topic of debate back in 2014 when the Mk7 was announced for the states.

:D

Just to confuse even more again for Europe I have found some, not all brochures to be confusing & most say yes & some (few) say no...but the ERWIN (VAG) self study guides state all get it at launch...(2013)..

I would be 100% confident saying GTI/GTD/R/CSS get "+"...

just what the lower spec ones (across the world) get is anyone's guess..cause I don't think even VW know...:(