GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
What are people paying for spring installs? I just got an estimate for $800 plus the cost of springs from a local performance garage. My local VW dealer is giving me the run around for pricing and warranty. Will not commit. Guess I could always do it myself.

lol, don’t go to the dealer. They’re called stealerships for a reason.

Your dealer can’t warranty it because it’s not made for GTI, so don’t bother asking.

Just buy the springs from DAP and have it installed at a trusted indie mechanic.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Or buy them from the dealership. Was cheaper for me when factoring I’m shopping.

Sport17

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Are your wheels 18" Pretoria reps? If so, what brand?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
What are people paying for spring installs? I just got an estimate for $800 plus the cost of springs from a local performance garage. My local VW dealer is giving me the run around for pricing and warranty. Will not commit. Guess I could always do it myself.
I paid $310 for the DG springs st the dealership. Then $500 for install and $120 for a wheel alignment. All these prices are in Canadian BTW.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Finally got these on, perfect amount of drop. Suspension is a bit stiffer but nothing too harsh.

Looks great and they should settle after some miles. My DG springs settled after 5000km of use maybe another 1/4 inch from the day I first had them installed.

Dan40

Looks great and they should settle after some miles. My DG springs settled after 5000km of use maybe another 1/4 inch from the day I first had them installed.

Thanks! Did you put the tt pads in the rear? I do have some negative rake but not terribly bad, hopefully the fronts settle more than the rear lol I
Still have to get the alignment done as well

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks! Did you put the tt pads in the rear? I do have some negative rake but not terribly bad, hopefully the fronts settle more than the rear lol I
Still have to get the alignment done as well
Yes I did have the TT rear pads installed with the springs as my car is a 6MT. If the car doesn't even out after some time you would just add the TT pads in later, the rears are easy enough to do. Here is a picture of my car on the first day on DG's vs. present day, keep in mind im running a different wheel setup in each picture.

Last edited:

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Dealer quoted me over $700, ended up having a buddy help me out installing them. I threw some money his way for his help. Honestly, check your local MK7 Facebook groups. Us Northeastern people are lucky to have some local people who have a shop who do any work for way cheaper than what a dealer will charge.

Dan40

Yes I did have the TT rear pads installed with the springs as my car is a 6MT. If the car doesn't even out after some time you would just add the TT pads in later, the rears are easy enough to do. Here is a picture of my car on the first day on DG's vs. present day, keep in mind im running a different wheel setup in each picture.

Looks great! Thanks for the pics. May have to slap on tt pads as well. Thankfully the rear springs are easy.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
DGs look like the perfect drop for me, almost an OEM+ look. Just reduces that fender gap enough without looking like an aftermarket drop

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

IK/GTI

2018 GTI MK7.5 Autobahn, got about a 5/8" drop or slightly more. Car feels more planted, ride is not too harsh. Could use a little more dampening, Koni struts would likely be a nice upgrade.