GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How would this look?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Thinking about spacers. Running 235/40 on 18x8 et45 for summer, 225/40 on Nogaros for winter. Will probably be 1"/.75" dropped F/R.

If I go with 8mm no lip spacers, I can use them on summer rears and on winter fronts. I'd also need a 5mm for summer fronts, and 15 or 20mm for winter rears.

That gives me the equiv mm poke to ecs flush kit of...
Summer: same front, -2 rear
Winter: -7 front, same rear with 20mm -or- -5 rear with 15mm

The only other dual size that could work is 13mm lipped, which could also go on summer rears and winter fronts.

That gives me the equiv mm poke to ecs flush kit of...
Summer: same front, +3 rear
Winter: -2 front, same rear with 20mm -or- -5 rear with 15mm

nype

Drag Racing Champion
18x8 ET45 = 10mm more poke than stock Austins/Nogaros. For summer, I’d go right flush, so add 5mm front and 10mm rear.

For winter, I’d consider a little less than “flush kit” (15/20mm). Reuse the 10mm on the front and add a 15mm for the rear.

You’d have to buy 5mm, 10mm, and 15mm.

Just thinking out loud...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
18x8 ET45 = 10mm more poke than stock Austins/Nogaros. For summer, I’d go right flush, so add 5mm front and 10mm rear.

For winter, I’d consider a little less than “flush kit” (15/20mm). Reuse the 10mm on the front and add a 15mm for the rear.

You’d have to buy 5mm, 10mm, and 15mm.

Just thinking out loud...

I don't think 10mm works for aftermarket wheels. It only leaves you with .9mm of olive to put a hub ring and a wheel on. That's why my choices were 8 or 13 for dual duty.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Oh I see. Hadn’t factored in the rings.

Thx for the explanation. I didn’t know this!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I think you’re spot on then. With 8mm and 13mm spacers.

Winter setup would keep the car nice and clean. I may be moving back down to 10/15mm spacers even for summer. Will post pics. Barely noticeable difference appearance wise.

Summer setup would be nice and flush!

[emoji1303]

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I think you’re spot on then. With 8mm and 13mm spacers.

Winter setup would keep the car nice and clean. I may be moving back down to 10/15mm spacers even for summer. Will post pics. Barely noticeable difference appearance wise.

Summer setup would be nice and flush!

[emoji1303]

Ah, 8mm or 13mm, rather than both.

Setups would be...

8mm rear, 5mm front on summers
and
15mm rear, 8mm front on winters

OR

13mm rear, 5mm front on summers
and
15mm rear, 13mm front on winters

Definitely leaning towards the first option with 8mm interchangeable , but I'll figure it out tomorrow afternoon when springs are installed and I measure.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't run any spacers in the winter. A lot more slush sand and salt to fling up and along the side of the car.

Also less expensive and less of a headache.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Oh man I posted mid coffee. Disregard last post. Lol

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldn't run any spacers in the winter. A lot more slush sand and salt to fling up and along the side of the car.

Also less expensive and less of a headache.

North Carolina. What is this slush you speak of?

Plus the stock wheels look sunken af lowered with no spacers.

I might just go for these on the summers, as they will be wheel and hub centric, and worry about winters later.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vw-audi-5x112-57-1-66-56-conversion-wheel-spacers/

typeone

Ready to race!
North Carolina. What is this slush you speak of?

Plus the stock wheels look sunken af lowered with no spacers.

I might just go for these on the summers, as they will be wheel and hub centric, and worry about winters later.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vw-audi-5x112-57-1-66-56-conversion-wheel-spacers/

i have a set of 42 Draft Designs spacers for sale in 15mm that i just bought with black bolts. too aggressive for my current wheels.

let me know if you're interested at all. thanks.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
i have a set of 42 Draft Designs spacers for sale in 15mm that i just bought with black bolts. too aggressive for my current wheels.

let me know if you're interested at all. thanks.

I'll let you know. Currently planning on waiting till fall to buy any spacers for the Nogaro's. If I had the money I'd sell them, switch my Motegi's to winter duty, and buy some new wheels for summer.