GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I kinda stripped a lug . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Was using one of the 12 point (multi-point) sockets when I was rotating my wheels and accidentally caused a slip and nicked the end of the lug bolt cap. :-( I can't seem to get a socket back on it, and was hoping someone here mught have a simple fix/idea to get it off.

I was going to basically hammer on the socket and see if that would work and just buy a new lug bolt and socket after, but yeah . . .

PS.. Anyone have an extra lug bolt I could buy off them? I just need one, and I don't feel like buying a whole set or paying a high shipping price just for one thing.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
File down whatever imperfection on the lug bolt is preventing it from mating to a standard socket. I'm sure your dealer would sell you just one.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Impact 6pt socket, deadblow hammer.

I can't imagine a chrome 12pt socket did enough damage to make it completely unusable.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
got it! I thought you had to buy them in 5 packs for some reason.

Thanks guys for the help. I have a Dremel I can use to grind it down, but most of the pieces I see are cylindrical and don't allow you to grind from a point.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Impact 6pt socket, deadblow hammer.

I can't imagine a chrome 12pt socket did enough damage to make it completely unusable.
Either that, or the next size up 6-point and a wet shop rag. Get a shop rag wet, shove it into the socket, pound it on. Worked all the time. Trick an old timer taught me at the dealer.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Because asking people to pay fucking attention and put things in the right place is now considered "being a Nazi".

Well Nazi is a political party... so possibly? I mean I don't pretend to speak for them, so maybe they don't hold those ideas in high regard.

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Exactly my point but if you want me to break out my colonel klink helmet, I'll be more than happy do so. He's from Cali everyone is a Nazi in their eyes

Dude you are 2 months late to the party, this thread got necro bumped and then you decided to post for no reason. I made A FUCKING JOKE about it, and you and Adam went and got triggered to death, what losers. Guess I should have just said that in the first place, then your panties wouldn't be so bunched. Thanks for the entertainment though, its a slow day at work.

Edit: Heck maybe the mods will even notice the thread now and move it, that would be a happy ending for everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.