GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

typeone

Ready to race!
hey, doolin64, i recognize the nic ... are you John, Mike B's friend? used to have a Beta? :D didn't know you had a GTI. small world. i'm Mike's friend Clinton with the Beta.

for shops to do springs, you could try Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling or you could also try Colonial VW in Westboro. i take mine to Colonial for service and would def trust them to do springs and align. pricing at both places won't be cheap though.

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
hey, doolin64, i recognize the nic ... are you John, Mike B's friend? used to have a Beta? :D didn't know you had a GTI. small world. i'm Mike's friend Clinton with the Beta.

for shops to do springs, you could try Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling or you could also try Colonial VW in Westboro. i take mine to Colonial for service and would def trust them to do springs and align. pricing at both places won't be cheap though.

Guilty! It's me. Small world for sure. I still have my KTM that I traded the Beta for. I better get out and do more riding this year. Last year was terrible.

I picked up a GTI as a 3rd car for the family back in December. Well, I should say as a second car for me. My wife hasn't driven it and the kids have another 8 years before they're driving. I was tired of driving my truck everywhere. It can be cumbersome and I logging a bunch of miles selling houses. I need the truck, but wanted something fun to drive, reasonably fuel efficient and affordable. So far so good. I just can't leave anything alone. I bought a flush kit and JB1. Windows will be tinted as soon as I have time to get it over to the shop. Springs are next on the pecking order

typeone

Ready to race!
Guilty! It's me. Small world for sure. I still have my KTM that I traded the Beta for. I better get out and do more riding this year. Last year was terrible.

I picked up a GTI as a 3rd car for the family back in December. Well, I should say as a second car for me. My wife hasn't driven it and the kids have another 8 years before they're driving. I was tired of driving my truck everywhere. It can be cumbersome and I logging a bunch of miles selling houses. I need the truck, but wanted something fun to drive, reasonably fuel efficient and affordable. So far so good. I just can't leave anything alone. I bought a flush kit and JB1. Windows will be tinted as soon as I have time to get it over to the shop. Springs are next on the pecking order

too funny :D well, congrats on the GTI and hope to see you on the trails this season! we need to get Mike out there, too!

Qwerty978

Ready to race!

M3toGTI

New 2017 GTI Sport Owner in Worcester, MA

Greetings! I'm Dave from Worcester. Three months in on my 2017 GTI Sport DSG. Very happy so far, have about 5K miles on it. Always looking for an excuse to drive somewhere. Coming from a 2002 Passat GLX wagon that I loved. I've finally found a car that just about equals my former E36 M3 in performance without breaking the bank, plus you can haul stuff in it. Will be tuning and doing a few minor mods over time. Plan is to invest in a nice set of rims and summer tires, keep the stock rims for winter tires, keep the stock stealthy exhaust, and exterior untouched. Looking forward to meeting up with like-minded folks. Always on the lookout for tips and tricks.

Vulpe86

Hey Guys and Gals,

Checking in from NH! New to the community and happy warmer weather is on the way, makes cruising in the MK7 more enjoyable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
Hey Guys and Gals,

Checking in from NH! New to the community and happy warmer weather is on the way, makes cruising in the MK7 more enjoyable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi.

: )

Lexan71

Hello everybody!
I’m Alex from Portland, Maine. I’ve got a 2016 Lapiz Blue R that I’ve been daily driving for two years and I love it. Definitely the best car I’ve ever owned. I’m hoping to try some sort of performance driving events this summer, auto cross or track days, but frankly I’m a little intimidated. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdub808

Ready to race!
Hey Guys and girls,

I'm Kevin, I'm a Capricorn and I enjoy playing love songs on my guitar, long walks on the beach and modding my car.

I own a 2016 Oryx white R and live in JP Boston. I am a lifelong Masshole. Go Pats.

Mods include :
- Unitronic Stage 2 ECU + TCU tune
- JB4 Stack with E30
- AWE Non-res Downpipe
- Resonator delete
- APR Carbon fiber intake
- APR Carbon Fiber rear intake pipe
- CTS Turbo inlet elbow
- APR turbo muffler delete
- ECS Turbo blanket
- VWR PCV valve replacement and Oil Catch Can
- Spullen Turbo outlet + inlet charge piping
- CTS intercooler
- GFB DVX Blow Off Valve
- RS7 Coil packs
- RS7 Plugs
- APR boost gauge
- Billet aluminum engine caps all around
- Emmanuel Designs Lowering Springs
- Emmanuel Designs Rear sway bar
- ECS stance enhance flush spacers
- ECS Street Shield skid plate
- Helix Sub with Amp And DSP
- Rockford Fosgate mid range front speakers
- Maxton wing extention
- Maxton side skirts
- Maxton V2 front Lip
- MK7.5 Euro tails
- Audiamant harness for sweeping blinker
- Folding Mirrors with aspherical glass
- 6000k HIDs
- 30% ceramic tint
- 034 Motor sports carbon fiber battery cover
- 034 Motor sports carbon fiber fuse box cover
- "Automatic" ODB2 Statistics thingy
- DeAutoKey Color change footwell lighting
- DeAutoKey interior LEDs
- Roh tow hook front plate holder
- VCDS for moding electronics like auto raise/lower windows, etc

I install all my own mods because I an insane.

Up next... Wheels, tires and big brakes. See you out on our awful NE roads! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Misslauren82

Ready to race!
Hey Guys and girls,

I'm Kevin, I'm a Capricorn and I enjoy playing love songs on my guitar, long walks on the beach and modding my car.

I own a 2016 Oryx white R and live in JP Boston. I am a lifelong Masshole. Go Pats.

Mods include :
- Unitronic Stage 2 ECU + TCU tune
- JB4 Stack with E30
- AWE Non-res Downpipe
- Resonator delete
- APR Carbon fiber intake
- APR Carbon Fiber rear intake pipe
- CTS Turbo inlet elbow
- APR turbo muffler delete
- ECS Turbo blanket
- VWR PCV valve replacement and Oil Catch Can
- Spullen Turbo outlet + inlet charge piping
- CTS intercooler
- GFB DVX Blow Off Valve
- RS7 Coil packs
- RS7 Plugs
- APR boost gauge
- Billet aluminum engine caps all around
- Emmanuel Designs Lowering Springs
- Emmanuel Designs Rear sway bar
- ECS stance enhance flush spacers
- ECS Street Shield skid plate
- Helix Sub with Amp And DSP
- Rockford Fosgate mid range front speakers
- Maxton wing extention
- Maxton side skirts
- Maxton V2 front Lip
- MK7.5 Euro tails
- Audiamant harness for sweeping blinker
- Folding Mirrors with aspherical glass
- 6000k HIDs
- 30% ceramic tint
- 034 Motor sports carbon fiber battery cover
- 034 Motor sports carbon fiber fuse box cover
- "Automatic" ODB2 Statistics thingy
- DeAutoKey Color change footwell lighting
- DeAutoKey interior LEDs
- Roh tow hook front plate holder
- VCDS for moding electronics like auto raise/lower windows, etc

I install all my own mods because I an insane.

Up next... Wheels, tires and big brakes. See you out on our awful NE roads! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very cool... but can you write a love song and incorporate all of your mods in it?

Bonus points if you make a music video.

: )

*waves*

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Hey all,

Jon from Melrose, MA. Upgraded from my mk6 GTI to a Mk7 R last year, but haven't had much time to play as I have a 9 month old at home!

Not going crazy with mods, but so far it has APR Stage 1 and a few other bits and pieces. Folding mirrors and Euro Mk7.5 tails going on soon hopefully.