GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fault codes

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys need some advice a load of codes have come up 7 to be precise it happened to me about two years ago when I got a set of tyres changed but they pretty much went of straight away after a few minutes of running the car. A bit worried I’m sure it will be one thing that has set them all off ☹️ Start stop* Abs stabilisation control* Hill hold assist* Acc and front assist*tyre pressure monitoring system*head light range control ??????????? Help pleeeeeese!!

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Know what? These bus based ECU systems are a pain. I've had the same- 10+ errors come up just because the system can't handle a tyre pressure calibration change. Reset the errors, reset tpms and move on.

It's pretty much as if a whole bunch of secondary threads report timeouts just because the first error is being logged and the others can't be processed in time. In my world this would be a bug. Good luck getting VW to admit that.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
Got a local lad going to see in the morning do I just need the codes cleared ? Fingers crossed hope all goes well

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Check the exact timings and the exact errors. We had one failure and a whole bunch of "timeout" internal error codes at the same time.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

afropelican

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn't worry about the Start Stop Error, from past experience, if there are other errors present then the Start Stop system just disables itself.

TPMS can be looked at through the head unit, try filling your tires up with Air and then reset the TPMS using the radio (under car section).

With regards to the other Errors, try as dr_mat said: get the codes analysed to see what exactly the issues is, then reset and if they come up again then you've got a problem.

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
i think it was something as simple as a puncture tyre was repaired and got a diagnostics computer connected they played around with it for a bit. lights were still acting like crazy was a bit stressed car not driving properly went home. started the car a couple of hours later.
restarted the car no fault codes job done thanks guys.