GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobil1 rebate is back

peacefrog_0521

Passed Driver's Ed
I was sorely tempted to pick up a 5-qt jug at Meijer today - shelf price is $23.49, minus $12 rebate meaning net price (before tax) $11.49 - about $2.30/qt. Cheap as chips.

But I'd have had to get the 0W-40 to get VW spec compliance. They didn't have it at all in 5W-40, and 5W-30 doesn't list the VW specs on the back. Which I only care about inasmuch as people seem to hype that sort of thing here.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I was sorely tempted to pick up a 5-qt jug at Meijer today - shelf price is $23.49, minus $12 rebate meaning net price (before tax) $11.49 - about $2.30/qt. Cheap as chips.

But I'd have had to get the 0W-40 to get VW spec compliance. They didn't have it at all in 5W-40, and 5W-30 doesn't list the VW specs on the back. Which I only care about inasmuch as people seem to hype that sort of thing here.

I have 3 2.0t cars of different makes. All run 0w40 even though only one calls for it. Its a great oil for the price.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Also, Amazon Prime has a 6 pack of 0w40 marked down to $27 if you don't want to bother with the rebate.