GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Marketplace > Vendors Classifieds > Engine and Exhaust

Old 08-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #460
GUY

Drives: 17' GTI SE DSG
Oh well...No downpipe for me
GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #461
AtlantaDad

Drives: Night Blue 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG PP LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUY View Post
Oh well...No downpipe for me
Their website says MAPerformance fabrication is eligible for 10% and 5% coupon codes. Maybe because it's new, it's not set up properly to work with the discount codes yet. I'm sure Ian will clarify and/or correct it on Monday. Patience, grasshopper.

Ps. He's very responsive to emails and PMs during business hours. Maybe shoot him a quick note with the specifics of what you're looking to do (downpipe build, coupon code used, contact info, etc.).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thou shalt read this first: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18297
AtlantaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:58 PM   #462
GUY

No worries, it won't go on until I'm past the warranty. I might just wait until Black Friday since I should be close to it then. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:31 PM   #463
GUY

Thanks so much for taking care of me Ian. There's not enough people out there like you.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #464
Noize

Drives: 2017 Golf R
I have a group buy priced, never installed MAPerformance DP with vibrant cat but no resonator that I am going to have to sell after reading this thread.

After reading on here, I can't have it throwing a CEL, and it sounds like everyone on here with spacers can't get them to work longterm.

In my state, we have to pass full OBD readiness every year, so I can't use a tune that suppresses it.

Sad panda. Stupid Tennessee.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #465
Derushi

Drives: PP/LP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post
I have a group buy priced, never installed MAPerformance DP with vibrant cat but no resonator that I am going to have to sell after reading this thread.

After reading on here, I can't have it throwing a CEL, and it sounds like everyone on here with spacers can't get them to work longterm.

In my state, we have to pass full OBD readiness every year, so I can't use a tune that suppresses it.

I seem to not have any CELs, almost 1000 miles with the DP.

Regular non-GESI cat with resonator. I have the 42dd O2 spacer sitting in my room and the JB4 code clear through app on the ready, but I've used neither of them because I never got a CEL yet.

Only relevant mods that I have is a JB4 and a Clubsport S muffler

Seems like I'm one of the few though.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #466
Joel

Drives: 2017 GTI 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post

I am in Tennessee and not worried at all about passing marta next year.
Mine has thrown a code but it is very rare, 4 or 5 time now.
I can go over a week without seeing the code.
When I feel like it I will put the smaller spacer in and see if it helps.
You won't have a problem with TN marta if you have VCDS or OBD11 or JB4 to clear the code when/if it does pop up.

If it does pop a code and you don't have a way to clear it. hit me up... I will clear it for you.
I am in Nashville also...

Last edited by Joel; 08-16-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:45 PM   #467
Noize

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I am in Tennessee and not worried at all about passing marta next year.
Mine has thrown a code but it is very rare, 4 or 5 time now.
I can go over a week without seeing the code.
You won't have a problem with TN marta if you have VCDS or OBD11 or JB4 to clear the code when/if it does pop up.

If it does pop a code and you don't have a way to clear it. hit me up... I will clear it for you.
I am in Nashville also...

Thanks for the offer, buddy!
But even if it does pop up, you can't just clear it and immediately pass. It has to go through all the readiness checks and be good to go, so at least three drive cycles. I've had modified cars in Williamson County for the past 20 years and been mostly lucky. The only car I struggled a little bit with was my mk6 GTI.

Probably going to save up for one that def won't code.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #468
Joel

Drives: 2017 GTI 6MT
I guess I am under the impression that you can force the tests with VCDS or OBDeleven then go take marta.
Pretty sure I have looked at the readiness for the bank 1 sensor 2 in the engine module on my OBDeleven.

I could be wrong though, in that case it wasn't too bad to put the downpipe on.
I will put the stock one on if I have to next year.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:34 AM   #469
BananaSlug

Drives: 2016 VW GTI SE DSG
I've been getting this rattling sound since I installed the downpipe. It only occurs for the first few minutes after I start my car and happens when I'm between 1k-2k rpm. It goes away after the car is warm. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #470
penguinsgestapo

Drives: 2015 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSlug View Post
I've been getting this rattling sound since I installed the downpipe. It only occurs for the first few minutes after I start my car and happens when I'm between 1k-2k rpm. It goes away after the car is warm. Anyone else have this issue?
No. Something has to be loose. I'm going to guess the two nuts below the turbo aren't tight.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #471
Ian@MAPerformance

Drives: 2016 Golf 1.8T
Keep me posted on what you find sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSlug View Post
Ian@MAPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM   #472
penguinsgestapo

Drives: 2015 GTI Autobahn
Update: I switched out to the largest insert in the vibrant line and installed my JB4 ... no CEL through one tank of gas while tuning. Really dig the sound and the DSG "fart" with this DP and stock exhaust. Just like most of my DSM business, no regrets going with MAP!