GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

Old 05-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #18
rcode

Drives: 2016 R
It might cost more for the MK7 because I think 5.5-6 quarts are needed. If it's anywhere close to $20 though it'll be worth it. Thanks for the info
rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:06 AM   #19
LukeGTI

Drives: GTI MK7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcode View Post
My mk6 GTI was stage 2 and they did not care at all. I'm still stock on my R but that won't last much longer.
Ok good. I'll keep Atlantic in mind.
GFB DV+, 20% Tint, DeAutoLED, IKH24
LukeGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:47 AM   #20
Cw6mt mKviGLi

Drives: 2017 GTi
Looking for a dealer to do warranty work. Any new recommendations?
Cw6mt mKviGLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #21
jtitocci

Drives: 2016 GTI SE - CSG DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cw6mt mKviGLi View Post
Looking for a dealer to do warranty work. Any new recommendations?
I personally have had pretty good success with Platinum VW in Hicksville. (I believe they are under new management, the woman who was running the place, a few years back doesn't appear to be there?) - Specifically, my Service Manager Steven Fox has been really good. Only issues I've had with them on any of the past 3 vehicles, is their techs SUCK at doing interior trim pieces, so if your going in there for something that may need them removed, make note, take pictures. They will fix their mistakes, and even replace with new, but its still a headache. All other warranty work has been really good.
jtitocci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #22
Cw6mt mKviGLi

That's what scares me with the dealers. It's the infamous sunroof creaking that has plagued the MK7 platform.

I know it's a seal issue since if i tilt it open or open the sunroof the noise disappears but alot of techs dont troubleshoot in the right sequence and they jump the gun and start disassembling the entire headliner.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #23
LI_GTI_Guy

Drives: Mk7 GTI
Quote:
That's what scares me with the dealers. It's the infamous sunroof creaking that has plagued the MK7 platform.

I know it's a seal issue since if i tilt it open or open the sunroof the noise disappears but alot of techs dont troubleshoot in the right sequence and they jump the gun and start disassembling the entire headliner.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have the same problem with my sunroof making noise when its closed after it had been opened. The seal needs to be lubricated to make the noise go away. I use gummi pflege (https://tinyurl.com/y7q28hv4) every 3-4 months on all of my door seals and the sunroof seal. If you wanna go above and beyond you can get Krytox (https://tinyurl.com/y7tz6na2) which is expensive but it will last much longer than the gummi stuff. Dont waste your time going to the dealership with this, unless you like wasting your time.

BTW VW of Huntington is a great dealership. Awesome prices and their service is great.
LI_GTI_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #24
Cw6mt mKviGLi

Thank you LI_GTI_GUY, i appreciate you taking the time to reply in such detail. I was reading about the seal lubes in the sunroof threads that i came across. I'll take your advice and lube it myself.

I still need to go in for the MIB2 firmware update to fix the random glitches and freezing. But at least its only a matter of inserting an SD card. If only they posted that stuff online and we were able to update it ourselves.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
LI_GTI_Guy

Drives: Mk7 GTI
Quote:
Thank you LI_GTI_GUY, i appreciate you taking the time to reply in such detail. I was reading about the seal lubes in the sunroof threads that i came across. I'll take your advice and lube it myself.

I still need to go in for the MIB2 firmware update to fix the random glitches and freezing. But at least its only a matter of inserting an SD card. If only they posted that stuff online and we were able to update it ourselves.

No problemo

I agree about making the door / sunroof seal issues more common knowledge to the average VW / Audi owner. I think it should be in the owners manual or part of the maintenance schedule considering how many VW and Audis have the same issues with noises coming from the seals.
LI_GTI_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #26
Cw6mt mKviGLi

You made me realize that all these years of being thorough with my vehicle's maintenance that I have been neglecting the door seal, sunroof seal/track maintenance. I'm ordering some of that gummi fledge stuff a.s.a.p. Thanks again

Old 08-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #27
bennybmn

Drives: Alltrack SE 6MT, (RIP- '11 Jetta TDI)
I may have to get some too. Where on the island are you guys? Holbrook here. We should have a lube party! Wait that sounded bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bennybmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #28
Cw6mt mKviGLi

Lmao, that was pretty funny, bennybmn

Old 08-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #29
_dvorak

Drives: A slow hatchback
Had my car serviced by Platinum VW in Levittown for the 10k service. Thought they were going to hassle me for having a muffler delete, but when I went to pick the car up they said that the car sounded great. Even washed the outside and vacuumed the inside for me.
_dvorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #30
Cw6mt mKviGLi

Thanks for chiming in _dvorak, i had purchased my mk6 GLi from platinum VW. They were great sales wise but never had experience with they're service dept

Old 09-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #31
Cw6mt mKviGLi

Recently got the GTi back from Riverheadbay VW. While they did give me a loaner the service itself was a joke.

They couldn't hear the sunroof and the service advisor told me even if they did hear that something was wrong with the sunroof they would not be able to fix it because my squeaks and rattle warranty has expired. I got VWOA involved and i have a case number. I'm gonna be taking it to another dealer, the question is which dealer to use.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #32
bennybmn

Drives: Alltrack SE 6MT, (RIP- '11 Jetta TDI)
I just realized I haven't been on here since my lube comment... luckily still no trips to the dealer for me, but I put spacers on my car this weekend. Different length bolts front and back. I hope they don't screw that up at a rotation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bennybmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:14 PM   #33
navindralr

Drives: 2017 GTI SE 4DR 6SPD
Anyone have luck getting an oil change with a lowered car at the dealer? I got my car at huntington and they threw in the first 3 services. Only thing is that my car has a lot of mods now... Still contemplating on going. I usually wrench on my own car bc I’m very particular but.. free oil change is tempting. The other thing is that I usually put my car in valet mode with the cobb AP bc I know the service guys will want to rip the car once they hear how loud it is, since that’s what most gear heads would do. Would they automatically TD1 it from that alone, or is that only done if they hook it up for diagnotics. (Which I think they might do regardless). Still a little confused about this.
navindralr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:37 PM   #34
Cw6mt mKviGLi

If you have a cobb AP flash you'll trigger a TD1 if they plug into your ECU for diagnostics. Just for an oil change though, i would advise against a dealer visit.

Oil changes aren't expensive especially if you buy your oil from Wal-Mart and you get an oil filter and drain plug from ECS or another online source.

In my opinion peace of mind for me weighs more than losing out on about $180 in oil changes. If you take your car to the dealer and god forbid they damage something, abuse it, etc. you'll regret it more than thinking of a few free oil changes.