GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #562
JHWP
Member
 
Drives: Volkswagen MK7 Golf GTD
Location: Ireland
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil538 View Post
Hi does anyone know the part number for the clubsport gloss black side skirt to fit a 5 door? And can you take off the original GTi Matt ones and replace with a gloss ones from a club sport or do you need extra fittings ? Thanks Neil
5G0853855B041 (left)

5G0853856B041 (right)

I don't believe they are compatible with the MK7 GTI though. It appears that the MK7 GTI and GTD share the same part. The MK7 GTI Clubsport and Golf R 7.5 appear to use the same part (as above part numbers). They are fixed to the car differently with additional bolts etc. so I doubt they will work on a MK7 GTI. Even if they did fit they are mega expensive. It would be cheaper to have your original ones painted gloss black.
JHWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #563
sprinks
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Mk7
Location: Charlottesville VA
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 752
Been reviewing parts numbers for springs.

I know we tracked down the CSS front springs previously in this thread, but i don't think we found the rears (or at least posted it here). 5Q0411105JF for fronts and it appears that the rears are 5Q0511115HL; slight difference from the GTI PP as 5Q0511115HM.

I suspect these are of course the euro spring rates we're talking about as the NAR PP Springs appear to be 5Q0511115FF while the NAR non-pp is 5Q0511115AC.

Just an FYI if anyone else was wondering about this.
__________________
wheelwell & GTI mk7 journal
I cut vinyl stickers for cheap.
sprinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #564
Mathuemc
Member
 
Mathuemc's Avatar
 
Drives: Pure White MK7
Location: Bay Area
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinks View Post
Been reviewing parts numbers for springs.

I know we tracked down the CSS front springs previously in this thread, but i don't think we found the rears (or at least posted it here). 5Q0411105JF for fronts and it appears that the rears are 5Q0511115HL; slight difference from the GTI PP as 5Q0511115HM.

I suspect these are of course the euro spring rates we're talking about as the NAR PP Springs appear to be 5Q0511115FF while the NAR non-pp is 5Q0511115AC.

Just an FYI if anyone else was wondering about this.
Do you know the spring rates?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Mathuemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:09 PM   #565
sprinks
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Mk7
Location: Charlottesville VA
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 752
No. Have not found sources that post springs rates. Most i've found aside from p/n is paint dot codes. Someone with ETKA would have to cross reference.
__________________
wheelwell & GTI mk7 journal
I cut vinyl stickers for cheap.
sprinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #566
Quebster
Senior Member
 
Quebster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI S Deep Black Pearl 6MT
Location: Dallas, Tx
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,596
Well my front Clubsport spoiler/lip flew off at normal speeds on the highway today today. So that's cool...
__________________
2015 GTI S 6MT BOSS600
Eurodyne Maestro tuned by 613B6
| Wavetrac LSD
FBO, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM ANYMORE

Complete Build Thread
Quebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #567
sprinks
Senior Member
 
Drives: GTI Mk7
Location: Charlottesville VA
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 752
Sad to hear. Pics of aftermath? Will you just be replacing and reinforcing?
__________________
wheelwell & GTI mk7 journal
I cut vinyl stickers for cheap.
sprinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #568
philli
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2013 MK7 GTI PP
Location: Denmark
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHWP View Post
5G0853855B041 (left)

5G0853856B041 (right)

I don't believe they are compatible with the MK7 GTI though. It appears that the MK7 GTI and GTD share the same part. The MK7 GTI Clubsport and Golf R 7.5 appear to use the same part (as above part numbers). They are fixed to the car differently with additional bolts etc. so I doubt they will work on a MK7 GTI. Even if they did fit they are mega expensive. It would be cheaper to have your original ones painted gloss black.
I was searching for these sideskirts and asked Kunzmann.de if they would actually fit on a MK7 GTI - and they confirmed this would work. Although I'm doubtful now when seeing this.

But agree: they are SUPER expensive. At Kunzmann they are 599 EUR.

Is the only difference between the CS and the GTI sideskirts, the paint? Or do they have a different look as well?

Does anyone have any other suggestions to sideskirts that are a bit 'look a like'?
philli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #569
JHWP
Member
 
Drives: Volkswagen MK7 Golf GTD
Location: Ireland
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 34
Kunzmann also told me that a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser would fit my MK7 GTD as a straight fit without additional hardware which is incorrect. The part will fit but needs additional parts and fasteners which come on the MK7 GTI bumper but not the MK7 GTD bumper.

I'll have a look tonight to confirm but the side skirts are different and mount differently so are a different shape at least on the mounting side. On the outside they may very well look identical - same shape etc. but one in satin black/textured finish and one in a smooth gloss black finish but they are a different part outside of the paint I'm nearly sure. I'll double check and let you know.

I am having my original MK7 GTD side skirts painted gloss black this week so hopefully they will turn out nice. A lot cheaper than the 599 CS skirts that probably won't fit my car anyway too
JHWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #570
philli
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2013 MK7 GTI PP
Location: Denmark
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHWP View Post
Kunzmann also told me that a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser would fit my MK7 GTD as a straight fit without additional hardware which is incorrect. The part will fit but needs additional parts and fasteners which come on the MK7 GTI bumper but not the MK7 GTD bumper.

I'll have a look tonight to confirm but the side skirts are different and mount differently so are a different shape at least on the mounting side. On the outside they may very well look identical - same shape etc. but one in satin black/textured finish and one in a smooth gloss black finish but they are a different part outside of the paint I'm nearly sure. I'll double check and let you know.

I am having my original MK7 GTD side skirts painted gloss black this week so hopefully they will turn out nice. A lot cheaper than the 599 CS skirts that probably won't fit my car anyway too
I also got the CS rear diffuser for mine (also through Kunzmann), and while the mounting was pretty straight forward, we also noticed that it was not spot on identical - but we managed. Looks great as well.

Thanks and appreciate you checking, as I am quite confused on this point. However, at that price I was actually also just going to get the GTI side skirts on mine painted gloss black (along with the mirror caps), if the look was not too different. Would be cool to see the result of yours once you've got it mounted!
philli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #571
JHWP
Member
 
Drives: Volkswagen MK7 Golf GTD
Location: Ireland
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 34
Looks like the the Clubsport side skirts will fit directly to a MK7 GTI or GTD. The assembly overview and removal and install instructions are identical between the two on erWin so it appears as you mentioned that the only difference is that one is painted gloss black and one is not. It is the Golf R and Golf R Line which have different side skirts that mount in a different way. Still, you'd get your original side skirts painted two or three times for the same money as a set of C.S. side skirts so that would be the best option.
JHWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #572
thaseint
Member
 
Drives: '17 VW GTI SE w/ LP
Location: TX
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 69
Just throwing it out there but another possible alternative is just wrapping the skirts with a high quality gloss black vinyl. Could even wrap the small front under spoilers if you didn't have the means to get the CS bumper.

Would be even cheaper than paint.
thaseint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #573
JHWP
Member
 
Drives: Volkswagen MK7 Golf GTD
Location: Ireland
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 34
That's something I looked into myself but the general feeling was that the durability wouldn't be great because of where the side skirts are with being hammered with road debris but saying that paint isn't exactly tough either and will chip. Worth looking into alright. I was getting other trim painted gloss black too so went with everything in paint bit for someone just looking to do the side skirts, wrapping may be a good option.
JHWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:33 AM   #574
Sandman GTI
Senior Member
 
Sandman GTI's Avatar
 
Drives: GTI MK7 Autobahn, PP, DCC+LP, 97 F-150 4.6L V8
Location: Tennessee USA
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7,933
Clubsport S brake pads.
Has anyone used these when replacing OE pads?
I assume they are similar to PP pads but maybe higher performance.
Would assume dusting is similar?
Wanted to see if anyone had hands on use.
__________________
Sandman
My Build Thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6100
Sandman GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:02 AM   #575
ReadTheBook
Senior Member
 
ReadTheBook's Avatar
 
Drives: '90 Cabby, CSG '17 GTI Sport
Location: Immersed.
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman GTI View Post
Clubsport S brake pads.
Has anyone used these when replacing OE pads?
I assume they are similar to PP pads but maybe higher performance.
Would assume dusting is similar?
Wanted to see if anyone had hands on use.
Would also be curious to know. I want to find something low dusting that doesn't suck. I've hard mixed things about EBC RedStuff.
ReadTheBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #576
ecsta
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 R
Location: Toronto
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman GTI View Post
Clubsport S brake pads.
Has anyone used these when replacing OE pads?
I assume they are similar to PP pads but maybe higher performance.
Would assume dusting is similar?
Wanted to see if anyone had hands on use.
They're in my e-acca cart with the CS rotors, just waiting for my brakes to need replacing haha. I'm curious to hear any feedback as well.
ecsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:49 AM   #577
Quebster
Senior Member
 
Quebster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI S Deep Black Pearl 6MT
Location: Dallas, Tx
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,596
Some Clubsport bumper goodness for everyone




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 GTI S 6MT BOSS600
Eurodyne Maestro tuned by 613B6
| Wavetrac LSD
FBO, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM ANYMORE

Complete Build Thread
Quebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:12 AM   #578
A3SBQ
Senior Member
 
Drives: VW Golf 7 R
Location: Norway
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman GTI View Post
Clubsport S brake pads.
Has anyone used these when replacing OE pads?
I assume they are similar to PP pads but maybe higher performance.
Would assume dusting is similar?
Wanted to see if anyone had hands on use.
Very dusty. It's a sport pad made by Ferodo...
It's not DS2500 compound. Cause I have checked...
For track I would not recommend. If dusting is worrying you. Don't buy as they are worse then DS2500 which isn't bad at all and great on track as well...
A3SBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.