GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IC benefits when tuned in PNW

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, planning on a BT after my warranty expires on my 2016 GTI....like the IE, but was curious if I will see any benefit running just my JB4 and BMS intake? Also, would dealership give me problems with warranty work having it installed? Obviously it's needed with bigger power levels, just not sure at this point on map 6 JB4 in a cooler climate? DP I will pry wait on, u til after warranty

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I live in Vancouver , Washington. I ran stage 2 HT and maestro Eurodyne last summer and as soon as temps are 75ish or warmer...LOL. forget it. My car feels like its towing a lead sled. The difference between a cool night or day vs a warm sunny on the stock IC with being flashed is crazy. The ic cannot keep up. Im being 100% honest and straight up.
If you plan on running more boost than stock upgrade the IC. Bigger turbo? Upgrade the IC.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I live in Vancouver , Washington. I ran stage 2 HT and maestro Eurodyne last summer and as soon as temps are 75ish or warmer...LOL. forget it. My car feels like its towing a lead sled. The difference between a cool night or day vs a warm sunny on the stock IC with being flashed is crazy. The ic cannot keep up. Im being 100% honest and straight up.
If you plan on running more boost than stock upgrade the IC. Bigger turbo? Upgrade the IC.

That's cool I spent most of my life in Vancouver - played ball at Mountain View HS - graduates in 2001

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, planning on a BT after my warranty expires on my 2016 GTI....like the IE, but was curious if I will see any benefit running just my JB4 and BMS intake? Also, would dealership give me problems with warranty work having it installed? Obviously it's needed with bigger power levels, just not sure at this point on map 6 JB4 in a cooler climate? DP I will pry wait on, u til after warranty

Dealers will give you shit, yes.

Look in the Intercooler Performance thread - I just linked like 4 logs comparing intercoolers, all taken in the last couple weeks in the Everett area.

You'll absolutely gain consistency across pulls even on stock turbo and JB4.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Even better, if you want to meet me anywhere in greater Seattle area (I'll go as far south as Tacoma), I will give you a ridiculous deal on a CTS fmic [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Even better, if you want to meet me anywhere in greater Seattle area (I'll go as far south as Tacoma), I will give you a ridiculous deal on a CTS fmic [emoji16]

Haha - why you selling it?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Why that over say the IE?

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!

Not to be a thread jacker, what are you looking for on the front mount?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Jacker!!!

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Quietly slides napkin with handwritten note across the bar without making eye contact...

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40388

Mabotech also seems to be well made from then very few pictures of it out there. A customer of mine almost got one, but $120 shipping is kinda crazy
I will provide as many pictures as I can based on requests. It's certainly well made, and much bigger than any other fmic on the market, except for maybe yours lol.