GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climate Control Issues

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
Gents,

Does anyone have any experience with the climate control system blowing cold on one side even when it is set to sync and set to a hi temp?

Cars blowing hot air to the passenger side which is fine as that stops the Mrs whinging about being cold:p but the drivers side is freezing.

I understand that there are diverter flaps in the dash which channel the hot air to either side and that they can get stuck? If anyone has experienced this and could give some advice that would be grand.

Cheers,

Mike.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Have you re-calibrated the system before you start panicking? By pressing the AC button and middle vent airflow buttons for 5 seconds, you know it is doing it as they LEDs flash and you can hear the flaps/fans moving.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hi guys just thought i'd update this thread.

Had the car checked out by my local garage scanned for fault codes it appears the right side flap needs replacing and a temperature sensor of some sort replaced. Relatively cheap to sort costing me £150 all in to replace. Having it fixed on friday so fingers crossed i'll have some hot air on the drivers side when temperatures drop again.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Diagnosis costs over half of that.

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
Be prepared.

Check you header tank is it bright pink? If no faults in hvac. You might have to back the car to vw in the long run. If basic checks don't find anything remove maxrix easy job best replace it cut open old one if full of sand and scale your f#####
Vw had problems with casting sand left in heads and blocks comes free around 50k blocks matrix.

QUOTE=MrPotatoHead;546215]Gents,

Does anyone have any experience with the climate control system blowing cold on one side even when it is set to sync and set to a hi temp?

Cars blowing hot air to the passenger side which is fine as that stops the Mrs whinging about being cold:p but the drivers side is freezing.

I understand that there are diverter flaps in the dash which channel the hot air to either side and that they can get stuck? If anyone has experienced this and could give some advice that would be grand.

Cheers,

Mike.[/QUOTE]