GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7 Headlight replicas

GaryKYLee

Passed Driver's Ed
Mines also getting condensation issue, any solution to this?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Almost done installing the replica 7.5 headlights

Am I able to remove the H7 canbus adaptor and code the lights to detect Xenon? If I was told correctly it is changing leuchte 6 and leuchte7 lasttyp to 3 - xenon abblendlicht?

zmaster

Anyone getting any DRL errors? I've had these lights on for about a year and now I'm getting intermittent "check right daytime running light". I've spoken with ed and there are some things I can check, just wondering if anyone else has gotten something similar.

I'm getting these errors too. Did you figure out how to fix this? I've had Ed's Golf R style headlights for almost 3 years now. I recently started getting intermittent "check left daytime running light" errors too. Now, the error appears every time I need to use the DRLs and does not go away.

ALSO - my right side low beam light gave out. There's an error message for the right side low beam, too. Has this happened to anyone??

I don't think Morimoto HID lights should burn out in under 3 years... but please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to do a little research before I dive in to doing the whole uninstall.

amirbhrl

Alltrack ‘17

Does anyone out there know if the MK7’s would fit a ‘17 Alltrack? I can’t imagine any reason they wouldn’t, but have to ask... there are a few Frankenstein-y places on my car...

In case someone wonders, I’ve got an SE without the lighting package but with the driver assist package...

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Does anyone out there know if the MK7’s would fit a ‘17 Alltrack? I can’t imagine any reason they wouldn’t, but have to ask... there are a few Frankenstein-y places on my car...

In case someone wonders, I’ve got an SE without the lighting package but with the driver assist package...

Yes. Seen here. Not Ed’s but Helix. But same concept.

racerx20

Ready to race!
Wanting to pull the trigger on these badly but a little weary of making the purchase with the issues some are having in this thread.

racerx20

Ready to race!
I would go for the mk7.5 instead of mk7 lights. Put silica gel packs in and they will be fine

Didn't realize they were compatible, I believe I'll do that. Thanks for the idea.

edit:
Ed's site says they won't fit a MK7
"NOTE - these only fit the newer 2018 models, not the earlier Mk7 models as the shape is different."

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Didn't realize they were compatible, I believe I'll do that. Thanks for the idea.
You would need MK7.5 "Style" lights as lights designed for the 7.5 wouldn't fit.

racerx20

Ready to race!
You would need MK7.5 "Style" lights as lights designed for the 7.5 wouldn't fit.

Gotcha, I see them on the site just wished he offered them with the red stripes.