GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Number plate lights help

djmarksmith

hey guys i have done some searching and eventually bought some lights for the number plate to change to LED.

Having problems though as it doesn't matter which ones i use im getting errors on the MFD

Anyone know if this is common or how to code them in or even where i can buy ones that dont give me the errors

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Buy an Obdeleven Pro and code many more things than just disabling LED plate light errors.

Also, try searching. Google is your friend.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
hey guys i have done some searching and eventually bought some lights for the number plate to change to LED.

Having problems though as it doesn't matter which ones i use im getting errors on the MFD

Anyone know if this is common or how to code them in or even where i can buy ones that dont give me the errors

100% error free model:
http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-license-plate-leds-error-free-plug-play

This is the only model we have seen that are 100% error free in the 2017+ with auto-headlights also.

We have been receiving a lot of emails where people are buying "error free" LEDs for the new MK7 GTI and they are triggering errors. With our product there is no coding required. Clean bright white with no yellow/blue tinting:

Last edited:

djmarksmith

Buy an Obdeleven Pro and code many more things than just disabling LED plate light errors.

Also, try searching. Google is your friend.

Im assuming that the obdeleven is just a OBD dongle and i can use VCDS to do the same thing ?

I did a google today and i think i found the correct adaption ??

Select STG 09 (wiring)
STG access permissions -> Function 16
Enter Unlock Code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
(1) Select Leuchte25KZL HA59-load type 25
Customize LED general - value at 43
(6) Leuchte25KZL HA59 dimming AB-25 Select
Adjust value to 127

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Well Obdeleven is sort of an alternative to VCDS. It’s Bluetooth based and requires an Android device. Much cheaper than VCDS and more user friendly.

But ya, if you have VCDS already, that looks like the correct coding.

djmarksmith

Well Obdeleven is sort of an alternative to VCDS. It’s Bluetooth based and requires an Android device. Much cheaper than VCDS and more user friendly.

But ya, if you have VCDS already, that looks like the correct coding.

That’s brilliant and thanks for the info. I’m a mechanic and have a full version of VCDS but I’ used to doing steering calibrations, handbrakes resets etc so playing with adaptions will Be an experience