GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Box Code Issue PSA

Thurnis

Ready to race!
The latest Software revision by VW actually changed the Box Code on my MY17 Golf R.

I guess its a new one and APR needs to access an ECU at their shop in Alabama to write the new tune. So if anyone still does warranty services at the dealer, i suggest you specify you don't want them to flash the ECU with the new revision for misfires.

On the contrary if anyone in the Alabama area and has time to get latest VW software and getting a file copied at APR, I'd love to work something out through PMs. I was thinking of just going to IROZ for UM tuning but maybe theres a cheaper alternative without shipping my ECU to Alabama and back.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm surprised they touched your car once they seen you were tuned. When were you getting misfires, and did the update correct them?

Is APR going to charge you again?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
One other thing. When you take your car to a dealer you sign giving them permission to work on your car. I believe if there's an update that corrects a deficiency in MPG, emissions or safety they don't need your permission.

Thurnis

Ready to race!
The misfire occurred under load. It was the second time in roughly 6 months but the first time it went away after restarting the car. The second time the limp mode went away after restart but not the check engine light. I can't be sure that the stock software fixed anything I think it might have just been the denso plugs as they are around 19k miles now.

APR wont charge me again and my local shop doesn't charge for reflashes, just need to get the code extraction. It's possible that the new VW update has some effect on emissions. Possibly why the MY18 Rs are sitting? I'm not even sure the dealer realized I was tuned.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The dealer gets the new file from VWoA. If VWoA required a scan before giving the dealer the new file, VWoA knows. Dealer might not know. Doesn't mean you're not flagged. You can ask the dealer to see if they know.