Drag Racing Champion

njavier03

Ready to race!
Put on snow tires

Is this in Fairfax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed
How loud can they be? I always hear ppl complain about tire noise but I don’t get it. I only have a catback mod for my exhaust and with my summers I couldn’t even hear shit

It’s hard to talk about noise objectively since everyone has a different threshold for what they consider “loud.” All I can say is that compared to tires that I’ve previously owned, these tires make more noise after some wear (the delta in noise from new to half worn is greater than on other tires I’ve owned).

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

XoneDB4

Ready to race!

Got her cleaned, so the rest of the car is now as shiny as the new mirror caps!

Also fitted front wind deflectors.

They’re Italian G3 deflectors which you can get on amazon and eBay for the mk7 in the UK but only for the front windows. If you fit them properly (push them all the way up into the window seal) then they don’t touch the power folding mirrors as some others do. There’s a notch cut out for that very purpose.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
I'm guessing it's the "protector" as seen on door edges. but why??:confused:

You know, I’ve had this car for 2 years now and never thought much about it honestly. Now that you mention it, I can’t stop noticing them and may have to remove them. Besides the close up pictures, it’s not very noticeable on the CSG, maybe that’s why.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Typically, CS is seen as Clubsport, insinuating he believes that is a 7.5 clubsport. Alas, that is not the case as it is a lovely facelifted 7.5. :)

Ah, that’s what confused me! Yes, it’s a 7.5 facelift with performance pack & DSG, not a clubsport (though the new fog light housings are certainly reminiscent of the CS). I love this car!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You know, I’ve had this car for 2 years now and never thought much about it honestly. Now that you mention it, I can’t stop noticing them and may have to remove them. Besides the close up pictures, it’s not very noticeable on the CSG, maybe that’s why.

I’ve never seen that edge protection trim on a MK7 before. Not saying it looks bad.

Got any wider / full car pics? Love those wheels. And the blocky tire tread looks mean.

And what the heck is a Lumina?