GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Phow erformance Package

mcparker

Hi all:

I'm shopping for a Mark 7 GTI, and I'm trying to determine what year the performance pack became standard on the sport, se, autobahn, etc. The problem is, when I'm looking on autotrader or CarMax, I'm having trouble determining whether or not the vehicle has the performance package.

Can someone give me the breakdown of how to tell if a car is equipped, and what options were available each year?

Thanks,

Matt

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
2017's except the "S" (base model) will have the PP as standard. As far as other years, it was offered as an option but I can't say what cars it was standard on; if it was at all.

One way to tell is to use a VIN finder tool or the other way which is pretty reliable is the PP cars will have Red GTi emblems in the grill and the hatch and will also have GTI in silver letters on the front brake calipers. The brakes rotors are larger and the rear rotors are also vented, so that gives you some visual cues.

Of course someone can buy all the parts I mentioned above and put them on a non-P/P car, but I doubt you'll see that especially if buying from a dealer.

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed
If it has red brake calipers with “GTI” on them and has Red “GTI” badges on the front and back, it has the PP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcparker

Thanks guys. Decided to go with a new Mark7 S with no PP cause I got a really good deal, and I figured as a commuter I shouldn't need the extra power and the diff.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
S trim does not have day time running lights. Check out the difference between S and Sport, it might be worth the premium if you are planning to keep it for a long time. And Sport does have some better looking wheels.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
S trim does not have day time running lights. Check out the difference between S and Sport, it might be worth the premium if you are planning to keep it for a long time. And Sport does have some better looking wheels.

S have daytime running lights, as shown below. It's actually a dual filament bulb, wherein it's usually on as DRL, and then when beam flashed/highs activated, full output on other filament.

Attachments

• leuchte guide.jpg
    leuchte guide.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 268

Floader

Passed Driver's Ed
Compared to the Jeep Wrangler and two GM pickups I've owned, I'm sure the brakes are fine.

compared to a wrangler you will feel like you stepped into a F1 car. My TJ on 35's has got to be the worst thing I have ever driven for brakes..... but then its a Jeep thing. :D

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
yeah the brakes and the bi-xenon active curve assist headlamps on the sport are awesome. I personally think the foglights on the se/autobahn are hideous. I like the deleted foglites

Juggar

Ready to race!
yeah the brakes and the bi-xenon active curve assist headlamps on the sport are awesome. I personally think the foglights on the se/autobahn are hideous. I like the deleted foglites

The foglights are great for corners, when turning. Had them on my jettas as well. You take them for granted until they are gone, glad I got them in my 2017 SE.

Without the corner illuminating fog lamps in my explorer, I nearly hit the garbage in my tight driveway can since I was so used to having illumination there.

You dont realize how good something is until you dont have it, same case with the adaptive bi-xenons. Its easy to say something is stupid until you experience it.

Juggar

Ready to race!
And Sport does have some better looking wheels.

Subjective, I will instruct the jury to forget this statement :D