GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Npdogg

Ready to race!
Went to the bank today during lunch and came out to find a landscaper weed whacking about 6 inches from my front bumper. �� Pulled out of the spot and inspected it. After wiping off some of the grass and debris I nearly lost it, hundreds of little chips and pits in my bumper, hood and headlights. �� I immediately notified the English speaking worker what his co worker did and called the police. An hour later and a trip to the auto body shop for a quote, I now have $3800 worth of damage. FML

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Went to the bank today during lunch and came out to find a landscaper weed whacking about 6 inches from my front bumper. �� Pulled out of the spot and inspected it. After wiping off some of the grass and debris I nearly lost it, hundreds of little chips and pits in my bumper, hood and headlights. �� I immediately notified the English speaking worker what his co worker did and called the police. An hour later and a trip to the auto body shop for a quote, I now have $3800 worth of damage. FML
On the bright side....at least you caught him. Had you not gone to the bank.....

Nsknick

Ready to race!

Is the landscaping company cooperating with you? This is always a worry of mine when I park in the rear of my complex. (It's a condominium building, and the landscapers could care less about my vehicle) My only solution to this has been to completely cover my vehicle on the days they do landscaping. It's a bit tedious, but keeps my car in phenom condition!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I'm thinking at least $10k once you include pain and suffering, lost wages, counseling, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CU GTI

Put on my new license plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Npdogg

Ready to race!
I'm thinking at least $10k once you include pain and suffering, lost wages, counseling, etc
I like the way you think! Especially since this will be the second time my front end will get repainted. Starting to think my car is cursed. Going by the quote I will have had over $8k in repairs in the last year combined.

Is the landscaping company cooperating with you? This is always a worry of mine when I park in the rear of my complex. (It's a condominium building, and the landscapers could care less about my vehicle) My only solution to this has been to completely cover my vehicle on the days they do landscaping. It's a bit tedious, but keeps my car in phenom condition!
So far he wasn't to bad, though he started to question if it's any worse than normal highway spray. Which it is way worse than normal wear and tear, though it didn't show up well in the pictures because due to sun glare. I spent 3 hours washing and waxing it yesterday, so it does show in person pretty bad. If I was you I would keep covering it or move it out on the street if you can. The cop said this happens all the time, though most people don't care enough or see it happen to do anything about it. just imagine how many times this happens and people just chalk it up to road debris.

On the bright side....at least you caught him. Had you not gone to the bank.....
Yeah at least I saw it happen to call the police before they took off. I saw the landscaping truck on the other side with one guy mowing the lawn so I parked where there wasnt much grass in front of me mostly mulch and dirt. I never saw the guy with the weed whacker till it was too late. This is the second time my car has been damaged on lunch running errands, first time at a gas station now a bank, what's next parked in my driveway?

Nsknick

Ready to race!
So far he wasn't to bad, though he started to question if it's any worse than normal highway spray. Which it is way worse than normal wear and tear, though it didn't show up well in the pictures because due to sun glare. I spent 3 hours washing and waxing it yesterday, so it does show in person pretty bad. If I was you I would keep covering it or move it out on the street if you can. The cop said this happens all the time, though most people don't care enough or see it happen to do anything about it. just imagine how many times this happens and people just chalk it up to road debris.

It's quite irritating that people have no respect for others vehicles. I understand it's hard to not hit someones car, but there has to be a better way to do landscaping WITHOUT damaging ones property.

GTISwede

Ready to race!
Installed powerflex dogbone mount insert.

I know it will cause some vibrations, but have anyone had any rattle while reversing? I think the rattle was there before the insert, but I can hear it clearly now.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Installed powerflex dogbone mount insert.

I know it will cause some vibrations, but have anyone had any rattle while reversing? I think the rattle was there before the insert, but I can hear it clearly now.
I had severe vibration with the ECS dogbone mount insert. If it's a poly mount it should die down after a little bit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ThirstyTurtle

Installed my 70" Yakima Jetstream crossbars. I got these monstrous things so I can mount TWO 20 cubic foot cargo boxes on the roof for road trips. 40 cubic feet is a LOT of room.

My wife and I go in the front, my daughter in the back in her car seat, some miscellaneous stuff in the seat next to her, my 95lbs German Shepherd in the trunk, and ALL of our luggage on the roof. I'm talking three bags, a pack-n-play, high chair, cooler, toys, pillows, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Fingers crossed that I don't hit my head and more importantly that my wife doesn't hit her head.

They will only go on for trips, definitely not something I'll keep installed all the time.

Last edited:

tknj99

Ready to race!
Installed my 70" Yakima Jetstream crossbars. I got these monstrous things so I can mount TWO 20 cubic foot cargo boxes on the roof for road trips. 40 cubic feet is a LOT of room.

My wife and I go in the front, my daughter in the back in her car seat, some miscellaneous stuff in the seat next to her, my 95lbs German Shepherd in the trunk, and ALL of our luggage on the roof. I'm talking three bags, a pack-n-play, high chair, cooler, toys, pillows, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Fingers crossed that I don't hit my head and more importantly that my wife doesn't hit her head.

Yea seems a bit dangerous with the overhangs but as long as everyone is well aware at all times should be fine.. kudos for turning your ride into a true family hauler :)

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed