GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on cleaning/waxing Black

Gaz1

Ready to race!
Hello,

Had my deep black pearl GT for a couple of weeks now, and I am finding it gets dirty very quickly, especially with water marks. The shelf above the back bumper is the worst part as water just sits on it.

I have only cleaned it so far by hosing it down, shapooing, rinsing and hand drying but very quickly it is covered in watermarks again from the rain.

I do not want to spend hours on it but want it to stay shiny for longer, any advice, particularly for black?

Cheers
Gareth

GTD184

Ready to race!
Oh for the love of owning a black car:)......you will just have to accept that you will be cleaning it more often than any other colour:(.....however when it is clean the envious stares from passers by will be worth all the effort!:D

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hello,

Had my deep black pearl GT for a couple of weeks now, and I am finding it gets dirty very quickly, especially with water marks. The shelf above the back bumper is the worst part as water just sits on it.

I have only cleaned it so far by hosing it down, shapooing, rinsing and hand drying but very quickly it is covered in watermarks again from the rain.

I do not want to spend hours on it but want it to stay shiny for longer, any advice, particularly for black?

Cheers
Gareth

I trust you have the car waxed?
It won't stop the marks but the dirt will just rinse off, I would like to try that amorall shield, but at £19 a bottle, I will wait :eek:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Just remember a black car owns you.

Get a decent sealant/ wax on the car and dont wash it in direct sunlight.

Also, use a qd or spray wax and this will help when drying.

I loved my black pearl. But for my own sanity, I could never own one again.

Gaz1

Ready to race!
No I haven't waxed it, in fact never waxed a car. Always had old cars before and just went through a car wash. Any tips and recommended products?

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
No I haven't waxed it, in fact never waxed a car. Always had old cars before and just went through a car wash. Any tips and recommended products?

Lots of usefull detailing threads on here. Many I have replied too.

Clay, seal & protect.

I'm not going to suggest any produts as there are loads of coatings sealants etc.....

Avanti

Go Kart Champion

My tip is always wash polish protect, some add stages ,the overall value is up to the user.
I guess a good one stop product would be autoglym ultra deep shine.

Gaz1

Ready to race!
Cheers and sorry for retreading old ground, just wondered if anyone had any advice for black in particular, but I guess the same applies as with other colours, just have to clean it more often.

martymim

Ready to race!
I used KleenFreaks carnauba wax, imo try stay away from synthetic waxes.
Keep the wax topped up and the water will bead off any surface.