GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountains / Great Plains


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2016, 05:03 AM   #1
Hotfart
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Location: LFK Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 374
VCDS near KC/Lawrence/Topeka?

Putting a feeler out there. Anyone here have a VCDS near KC, Topeka, or Lawrence? If so, would you be willing to let others tinker with it for a bit sometime? I'd gladly throw you a couple Jacksons, beer, pizza, etc. Name your poison!

Honestly I haven't had time to research whether you can even use a VCDS on unlimited cars or if there's a limit, so this may not even be a possibility. I just bought the car, so I would need some time to research and figure out exactly what needs changed anyways...
__________________
2017 GTI Sport 6MT, Carbon Steel Gray
Hotfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
SpeedieGTI
Senior Member
 
SpeedieGTI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE 4dr. DSG
Location: Kansas
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,763
Join kch2o group on Facebook and you will find someone.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
__________________
Eurodyne stage 2 HT 93 octane tune, Eurodyne DSG tune, APR catted downpipe
SpeedieGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:59 AM   #3
craigsix
Banned
 
Drives: 2016 gti autobahn pp
Location: kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfart View Post
Putting a feeler out there. Anyone here have a VCDS near KC, Topeka, or Lawrence? If so, would you be willing to let others tinker with it for a bit sometime? I'd gladly throw you a couple Jacksons, beer, pizza, etc. Name your poison!

Honestly I haven't had time to research whether you can even use a VCDS on unlimited cars or if there's a limit, so this may not even be a possibility. I just bought the car, so I would need some time to research and figure out exactly what needs changed anyways...
i had bob hindson racing turn off my esc while i was getting stagr2 apr tune for $27 extra.
craigsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:28 PM   #4
Hotfart
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Location: LFK Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks, good info. I actually ended up buying an OBD Eleven and got everything I needed done (ESC, Torque limiter, the list goes on and on). When I originally posted, I had no idea that OBD Eleven was so useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsix View Post
i had bob hindson racing turn off my esc while i was getting stagr2 apr tune for $27 extra.
__________________
2017 GTI Sport 6MT, Carbon Steel Gray
Hotfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
craigsix
Banned
 
Drives: 2016 gti autobahn pp
Location: kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfart View Post
Thanks, good info. I actually ended up buying an OBD Eleven and got everything I needed done (ESC, Torque limiter, the list goes on and on). When I originally posted, I had no idea that OBD Eleven was so useful.
could you do my torque limiter? it still kicks in even with esc disabled. thanks im in overland park. peace
craigsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:27 AM   #6
Hotfart
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Location: LFK Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsix View Post
could you do my torque limiter? it still kicks in even with esc disabled. thanks im in overland park. peace
Sorry man, just noticed this post from way back! Anyways, you may have already taken care of this, but if you ever plan on being in Lawrence, just hit me up a bit beforehand. Also, I'll almost certainly be at a couple of the test and tune nights at Heartland Park, in case you're planning on going to any of those.
__________________
2017 GTI Sport 6MT, Carbon Steel Gray
Hotfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
craigsix
Banned
 
Drives: 2016 gti autobahn pp
Location: kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 352
oh yeah ill be out there alot. testing my stock is20 stage2 setup for awhile then ive got the is38 im gonna run. i might wait till apr has a tuning sale though. let me know when your going to heartland park! oh yeah i had bob hindson delate my starting vibration.
craigsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:09 AM   #8
Hotfart
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Location: LFK Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsix View Post
oh yeah ill be out there alot. testing my stock is20 stage2 setup for awhile then ive got the is38 im gonna run. i might wait till apr has a tuning sale though. let me know when your going to heartland park! oh yeah i had bob hindson delate my starting vibration.
Will let you know about Heartland. Needing to figure out how to disable the torque limiter on my '17, since that module is inaccessable via OBD11 (build date 02/2017). Not sure if that is accessible via VCDS, but if so, looks like I'll be in the market for one.
__________________
2017 GTI Sport 6MT, Carbon Steel Gray
Hotfart is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.