GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Schwaben vs off brand oil extractor

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
In that case, PM me your order number let me at least get some goodies in there for you.

-James

Thanks James. Never hurts to have more goodies at the racetrack [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I use the TopSider and it works great, though I cant comment on how much it leaves behind. I have to put in a little over 5QT to fill it up correctly, so its close to getting it all out.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
In that case, PM me your order number let me at least get some goodies in there for you.

-James

Well if you are adding some goodies let me know and I'll order one now [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Awesome, I may just order one at that price. I've been using a Mityvac 7400 which has been great until I left some used oil in there for a few weeks by accident and it started spraying out oil from the pumping cylinder. (Common issue) $40 is better than the headache of fixing the seal on the old Mityvac. Lol

Hoon

Autocross Champion
So help me out here, I've never used one.

I watched the DAP video, and it looked like a real cardio workout and possibly more time consuming than just jacking up the car and pulling the plug.

Are these things actually quicker / easier?

Are there pneumatic ones, something working on the same principle as a brake bleeder?

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Hoon,

You give it a few pumps, and once it starts going, it just needs a few pumps here and there to maintain the suction. Once you change the oil like this, you'll never want to go back to the old method. It's a joy!

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Mityvac 7300 is a pneumatic extractor on the market. I've used a PELA 6000 for a number of changes now (~10?) for the better part of the past 4 years. Warm the oil, run the tube down the dip, drink a beer, and pump every other minute or so for 10-20. Not bad. I've done oil changes in the work parking lot during lunch break.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Hoon,

You give it a few pumps, and once it starts going, it just needs a few pumps here and there to maintain the suction. Once you change the oil like this, you'll never want to go back to the old method. It's a joy!

Exactly. It's nice and easy, and you won't even need any tools for the filter either unless someone went crazy tightening it on the last change.