GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yup. I'll revert to my earlier posts. 2 buckets; 1 dealer 1 gov't. You only care about the dealer bucket because neither you nor they have power over the other bucket and reducing dealer bucket automatically reduces gov't bucket. Anything that isn't a gov't fee is the dealer bucket and is negotiable.

There is no difference between a $25k car that is $20k car and $5k dealer fee and a car that is $25k and $0 dealer fee. It's $25k out of your pocket either way.

Corndart

Dealer is making profit with the selling price on any vehicle. Documentation fee is another means to milk money from customer and thats the reason many states have limits over that number.
Overall - http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/482-documentation-fees-by-state.shtml
Michigan - http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-49534_50300_78624-209610--,00.html

Thats true. But in reality, many dealers add that in addition to the listed price on their webpage. Thats true for all dealers in DC area who offer one of the best deals in the country.

Your link, not mine:
http://www.realcartips.com/cardealers/#do

"What's surprising to many is that car dealers don't actually make much profit on the sale of a new car. In fact, many dealerships lose money on new car sales after factoring in fixed expenses such as rent, advertising, and labor costs.

The bulk of a dealer's profit is made in areas such as used car sales, service, and other "back end" products such as warranties and maintenance plans."

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Your link, not mine:

http://www.realcartips.com/cardealers/#do

"What's surprising to many is that car dealers don't actually make much profit on the sale of a new car. In fact, many dealerships lose money on new car sales after factoring in fixed expenses such as rent, advertising, and labor costs.

The bulk of a dealer's profit is made in areas such as used car sales, service, and other "back end" products such as warranties and maintenance plans."

Yes, dealer margins for new car sales have gone down and there is no question on that. My post was in reply to the documentation fee in your previous post. Its just another way to charge the customer, not for their hours of jobs which they are suppose to do.

darkmag1k

'17 Gti 4 door S manual

MSRP - $26,735
Vehicle Price - $20,056
Taxes - 8.75%
Tag and Reg - 0
Dealer / Doc Fee - $499
Out the door price - $23,3xx

Got screwed on the apr … 3.99% (was told it would be extra $2.5k for VW 0% financing …. might have to call VW on that one ...)

My 3 cents: watch out for VA dealers $16,5k GTIs …
1) there’s $700 doc fee + $850 freight fee you have to add to the price (so it’s $18k …)
2) there’s like 3 rebates you’ve got to qualify … military, loyalty, etc
3) so NJ Union VW list price of $18,5 was $500 more expensive, but … they also hide 2 rebates there: loyalty & college grad
(they also hiked the price by $1k _a night before_ i went there … but honored listed price, i've reached out to them a week before)

do your research on cars .com by removing the millage & _read_ the fine print :)

ps: always reach out to 2-3 dealers & ask for all the fees they charge
ps2: car net $199/yr not worth it ... so you can "open your door" remotely??

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Right now my goal is either a White or Blue DSG Sport, or wait until the 2018s come out (mainly to see if I can order it in orange like the R or e-golf in Canada).

I’ve been keeping track of the number of White and Blue DSG Sports within a 500 mile radius of me (Stamford, CT), and they’re selling slower than I thought (61 available on 10/1 compared to 51 available on 10/16). I’ve gotten a dealer near me down to $26.8k OTD ($23.8k plus $2.3k tax, $500 doc fee, and $200 destination fee), and a dealer in MD down to $25.6k OTD about a month ago (Including $1k VW incentives and $500 partner program, I don’t qualify for military or grad). If I can get it for $25k OTD near me ill pull the trigger. If not, I’ll be waiting for those 18s and the extended warranty!

You're not gonna see 25K OTD in connecticut. You wouldn't see that in june of next year on a leftover 2017.

Edit: maybe i'm exaggerating but 25K OTD aint happening unless you're really patient

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
MSRP - $26,735
Vehicle Price - $20,056
Taxes - 8.75%
Tag and Reg - 0
Dealer / Doc Fee - $499

Got screwed on the apr … 3.99% (was told it would be extra $2.5k for VW 0% financing …. might have to call VW on that one ...)

Calling VW isn't gonna do shit, you signed a contract. I'll bet you can refi though. They generally don't have clauses on refi periods

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
MSRP - $26,735
Vehicle Price - $20,056
Taxes - 8.75%
Tag and Reg - 0
Dealer / Doc Fee - $499

My 3 cents: watch out for VA dealers $16,5k GTIs …
1) there’s $700 doc fee + $850 freight fee you have to add to the price (so it’s $18k …)
2) there’s like 3 rebates you’ve got to qualify … military, loyalty, etc
3) so NJ Union VW list price of $18,5 was $500 more expensive, but … they also hide 2 rebates there: loyalty & college grad
(they also hiked the price by $1k _a night before_ i went there … but honored listed price, i've reached out to them a week before)

do your research on cars .com by removing the millage & _read_ the fine print :)

ps: always reach out to 2-3 dealers & ask for all the fees they charge
ps2: car net $199/yr not worth it ... so you can "open your door" remotely??

You got $6k off MSRP because you got a shitty APR. That's how they make some of that money via kickback from the lender. Refi to your own bank at 2.X% ASAP. Every payment you make on that 3.99% is money wasted in interest. Nothing shady here. Very normal practice. You will never get 6gs off and 0%.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Yup you either get the deep discount or cheap financing. What I did was get the deep discount and then refinance the day after I bought the car to like 2% from 4% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixtyfour

i'm getting a substantial offer off MSRP on a '17...

what are the chances these steep discounts carry over to the new (2018) model? i'm thinking slim to none?

My uneducated guess would be "very slim". Because it's a 2018 that also comes with a 6-year/72k mile manufacturer's warranty.