GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
New to the mk7 GTI world. When my car is off, I hear faint long-tone beeps and whirring. This happens after I shut the engine off, anytime I open or close doors and at other random times.

What am I hearing?

Fuel pump priming every time you open a door, and upon shut off, after run pump(s) to cool down the turbo and other engine components, keeps coolant flowing for a bit after you shut off the car.

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Fuel pump priming every time you open a door, and upon shut off, after run pump(s) to cool down the turbo and other engine components, keeps coolant flowing for a bit after you shut off the car.

Thanks for the replies. I figured it was something like this, but wanted to confirm.

I do my own work on my vehicles whenever possible. I have mostly owned U.S. domestic vehicles in the past. While changing the oil on my GTI over the weekend, I found that much of the hardware under the car is Torx based. Are there any tool kits recommended for common needs with VWs?

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Thanks for the replies. I figured it was something like this, but wanted to confirm.

I do my own work on my vehicles whenever possible. I have mostly owned U.S. domestic vehicles in the past. While changing the oil on my GTI over the weekend, I found that much of the hardware under the car is Torx based. Are there any tool kits recommended for common needs with VWs?

Lots of 12 point bits are needed as well for various things. I just bought this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTA3CH2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
there are a lot of whirring/clicking noises when starting/stopping. I haven't heard the long tone beep but I'm in my 50's. hearing is on it's way out

:(

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Me too. I have a ton of metric stuff from working on my Triumph, even a 36mm socket, but not that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the steering stem nut?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Are there any flash tunes that could set up 2-step on my car? (DSG transmission)

Also, when in sport mode, my transmission/engine is very whiny in low speed and decel. Think a high pitched whirring noise. Why is this?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Are there any flash tunes that could set up 2-step on my car? (DSG transmission)

Also, when in sport mode, my transmission/engine is very whiny in low speed and decel. Think a high pitched whirring noise. Why is this?

Nope it would probably melt your intake manifold

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
Stupid question - just picked up 2017 Autobahn and infotainment nannies get in the way whenever the car is in motion from viewing SMS messages to pretty much changing audio settings. Is there a way to get rid of all that nannying?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG