GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Satnav update

Cestrian

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone successfully updated their satnav? It looks very complicated to anyone other than a tech expert.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
maps or firmware??

Cestrian

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for that. I downloaded the Discovercare app and inserted my VW satnav card from the vehicle, but it stated the card didn't fit the recommendations. It said I could continue but any update could fail at a later point.
Not sure how an original VW card would not fit the recommendations.

Cestrian

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE: My local dealer was at a loss to explain this, so they have taken the SD card to test and update if necessary.

Cestrian

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE: My VW dealer sorted the problem - not sure what it was - and updated the card. Excellent service.

zelder

Not sure what you guys mean. I take out my SD card from the car. Move the switch to allow data copy. Then extract the downloaded file. Then I transfer it to my SD card. I'm pleased with getting updated maps for free. Not satisfied with the satnav system itself though. Google maps would have been way better.

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure I follow. Don't you just have to go to the dealership and ask for a new maps SD card and that's it? Well yeah pay of course unless I am missing something between the update process for Europe vs America (USA in general).